Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Letters to Babybutt

Dear E,

Giving birth to and caring for you continues to be the hardest thing I've ever done that I love more than anything. You are growing and changing so much every day. You seem to have gained a lot of confidence and independence, and that makes me so glad. On the other hand though, I have to say that with a week to go until I go back to work, I am also so very glad you are the attached, sensitive baby you are. I want it to go easily for you, but I'm so happy I had all that time to hold you, love you and sleep with you before I don't get to be with you every day. Holding your sweet, warm little body while you trail your fingers down my arm or side has been one of the biggest highlights of my life. It's like I'm melting with love.

You are beautiful, wonderful, smart and perfect, and I know you will do well in daycare. But that doesn't stop me from wishing I could see your sweet face every day. The first time you gave me a look that said, "Mom, I'm so happy to see you!" you wrapped me ever more in your charms. Every time you flash that dimple in your left cheek (just like Daddy) you guarantee yourself another future cookie. Keep it up my love. Daddy's the big love of my life. You are the little love of my life, and no one will ever take that spot.

Love,
M

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

He's such a nice baby.

Kristin said...

He sounds amazing.