After a rough night post shots, my baby was smiling at me this morning, so I decided to take him for his first transition day of daycare. He will be going for 4 hours today and 5 hours tomorrow so we can work him up to a full day instead of just plunging the poor kid (and let's face it, Mom and Dad) into the deep end. I'm so glad because there were so many things to establish today, and I was able to take it slowly and let go when I was ready.
I'm doing surprisingly well, but I think partly because this is one of those Big Things that I am really good at pretending not to worry about. The aftermath of having E was the only Big Thing in my life that hit me so hard that I couldn't pretend at all.
The ladies there were so sweet too. I loved how they talked to the other babies and E. I immediately felt comfortable with them and felt that they knew what they were doing. They thought he was beautiful and called me Mami and him Papi. I just love that. I love how immersed we are in so many Hispanic cultures here. I just love the effusive affection and exuberance that you find with so many Central and South American and Caribbean cultures. They were also shocked that my little chunk wasn't quite 9 weeks old yet. Since coming out of his growth spurt, he's started to really fill out.
And now I'm rambling. And this is one of the signs that this is a Big Thing. I'm going to go pump now before I explode, and then try to focus enough to do the taxes.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good! I'm glad you got a nice transition time before hitting full time. I was going to offer to come down and go to lunch with you on his first day though...
Be strong, Barb. Daycare is ~such~ a Big Thing. It is amazing how the right people can bring you such comfort, though. From the sound of it, I think you have found the right people.
I hope to hear great news about his first day!
I'm glad you're doing well with the daycare transition. We did the same thing with A and it made it much easier.
I'm glad the ladies there were sweet to E too. A loves the lady that takes care of her and that's so important since they spend so much time together.
It must be so hard but I am glad that day went well. Hope it is a smooth transition.
soo sooo soooooo glad that it was a good day. It sounds like a great place. xo
I'm glad you felt so comfortable at the daycare.
Post a Comment