Happy 2 months E! He now weighs over 11 pounds and measures over 23 inches! ACK! He was completely unhappy because of being woken up at nap time for the appointment to begin with, so the shots were just icing on the cake. I nursed him right after though, and that calmed him a lot. He's been clingy and wanting to nurse constantly ever since. I figure he has a right. That's pretty traumatic for a little dude. His schedule has also been wonky with Sister visiting, so he's a little out of sorts. He's a baby who likes his routine and comfort. (which one doesn't?)
I've decided I'm pretty happy with the pediatrician. The nurse who gave the shots almost got herself clocked though. E was weepy for the aforementioned reasons, and I had just calmed him with the bottle when she startled him with a loud click from the door. He let out a shriek. She said, "What happened?!" I gave her the reason he was grumpy and jumpy. She gave me a stern look, put her hands on her hips and said, "Oh Mama, you've GOT to get him used to noises so he sleeps through them. That's just no good." Perhaps the hate stare I gave her is why she dropped it quickly. First of all, he was not ASLEEP thank you, just eating. And second of all, he sleeps through background noise just fine like most babies. He does not like PUNCTUATED or sharp noises, especially in an unfamiliar situation. And I'm sorry if he's sensitive. I certainly did not try to train him to be that way. Every baby is different and mine is awesome so EFF YOU!
No he did not get his sensitive nature from me. Why do you ask? ;-}
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy two months! I cannot believe it has been that long already!
Yep, should have given that nurse a nice smack.
Happy Two Months, E!!
I don't know why but most parenting advice from strangers doesn't come across as well meaning as much as a tongue lashing. Or maybe I'm a little defensive, too.
Happy 2 months E!! You're doing great :)
Stupid nurse, who does she think she is?
Post a Comment