Saturday, March 6, 2010

Guilt

E's at daycare again. It's much harder the second time. I think I was just all pumped up for the first time. Plus, the lady I dropped him off with wasn't as sweet, loving and reassuring as they were yesterday. I hope he's ok. It's his nap time, and they tend to just lay them down and expect them to sleep. I hope they rock him if he's crying. My poor little lovey.

When I got him back yesterday, he was much more subdued and detached than usual. I'm assuming he was just overloaded. I felt really badly. Then last night he let out a few shrieks in his sleep, but calmed when he saw me. Of course I imagined it was him having nightmares about being left in daycare. Ah the guilt. We pick him up at 3 today. Hurry clock! Going to work is going to suck big hairy balls.

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

It's a hard transition. He'll be just fine. Don't worry about him crying alone, daycares don't like that anymore than you do. Plus, this will help him get better at sleeping through noise and falling asleep on his own. (Eventually.)

I second your opinion about overloaded. Elizabeth was the same when we had so many visitors when she was small.

Jamie said...

I agree - I bet it was just overload. The first time Skeeter was around a bunch of little ones he looked overwhelmed the entire time. E will get used to it and eventually like it. I am sure of it!