Doctor says this baby isn't ready to come out any time soon he thinks. We will discuss Options (yes with a capital O) if it comes to that. All of my pre-labor signs have abandoned me. Thanks body. Ah, I guess I forgive you. You have done a good job of creating him and keeping him safe so far even if you end up needing help bringing him out to live with us.
We are such huge party animals, we are doing the usual (for me at least, Hub would often like more raucous entertainment.) We went out for dinner and now we are waiting for midnight to do sparklers and some whirly things. A nearby property also sets off fireworks that we can see from our driveway. Yes, this is the life.
A Warning: We went to Red Lobster for dinner. I've always found it sufficiently good - especially the biscuits. However, be warned to check your local menu before you go out. They drastically reduced ours. There is still plenty of seafood, but almost nothing for people who prefer non-seafood. Why do we go there you ask? Why because Hub likes it of course, and I like him to be happy. I also like the aforementioned biscuits. But there were literally three chicken choices on the menu: chicken finger appetizers, chicken ceasar salad and a chicken linguine alfredo. Throw in the fact that I suffer from some lactose intolerance, and that does not a happy selection make. They also took out ALL of their dinner salads except the chicken ceasar and drastically reduced their dressing selection. There was no Italian, so they gave me raspberry vinaigrette as a replacement without asking me. YUCK I say. I do NOT like fruit flavored dressing. My salad also had quite a few leaves that had obviously been frozen as they were transparent and floppy/crispy.
And finally, the portions were much smaller than was warranted by the price, and remember how the mashed potatoes used to be yummy? They were garlic if I remember correctly. Now they are QUITE obviously instant. It pretty much tasted the same as if I bought a box of instant and whipped them up myself. I'm sorry, but the potato snob in me (remember my awesome ones from Thanksgiving) will not allow me to let that slide for the price paid.
I know they have to try to make ends meet in lean times, but I just can't imagine paying for that food and selection again.
Otherwise - HAPPY NEW YEAR! haha. We do have LOTS AND LOTS to be thankful for in this year, and I couldn't be more pleased. Be safe and enjoy.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You have 3 days left until your due date! Holy crap how did that happen? It seems like just yesterday you said you were pregnant. For real. Of course it also seems like just yesterday I was pregnant too.
Bummer about RL. I certainly hope mine doesn't follow suit or I will be extremely vexed. I love the place. And yes, the biscuits rock my world.
Happy and blessed 2010 as you bring your special little guy into the world!
Happy Happy New Year and I hope babybutt cooperates!
Matt will be so sad about Red Lobster. He is such a fan of there. Personally, I don't like it much there for the same reasons you don't. I mean, it is okay, but I'd rather eat elsewhere.
Happy New Year!
I hope you had a great new year! The highlight for me: our new neighbourhood is a fireworks-illegal one so there was nothing to wake up babies or scare dogs.
I've never eaten at red lobster but I have noticed that the older I get the less I like to eat out. Unless the place is really super expensive, I usually feel like I could do a better job myself. Snobby much?
I hope you are doing well with the last little stretch of pregnancy here! And yay on no night sweats but I have to warn you I am STILL getting them 13 months postpartum and I doubt they will stop until he quits nursing (which may not be for years from the way he is acting...)
I know Chelle! Really! (to both RL and the due date. haha)
Thanks so much Chelle and Kristin!
Jen - I am often very particular about the chains. Their food can be crap.
Rebecca - Nope. I feel the same. I prefer to think it's maturity in our taste buds. haha. Jen warned me her hotness continued to. Hotness - that's how I shall think of it. hahaha.
Happy New Year! Come on baby!!!
Post a Comment