Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dubious Offerings

Today the creepy neighbor next door told me he was available if I needed an emergency ride to the hospital. I told him, "Thanks, but I think Hub would prefer to do that."

I also got a summons for jury duty the second week in January. I'm all into citizenship, but great timing eh? I will also decline this offer by checking the "expectant mother" box.

7 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Rock on! Please let the creepy neighbor drive you to the hospital. That would be hilarious (for me, less so for you).

Rebecca said...

my husband received jury summons right around the time of birth of both boys! the first time, he showed up and pled hardship, and got out of it. the second time, he clicked the box for "too many kids for whom I am primary caregiver". Also, I once got called for jury duty in Iowa, after having moved to Texas. I could have done the easy thing and simply selected "I am not eligible" (not a US citizen), but I also filled out the line that said "approximate number of miles between your residence and the courthouse (round trip)" with: 2000.

Michele said...

CREEPY!!! "Oh thank you; would you deliver the baby too? I dont think the hubs would mind..." Ugh!

Jury Summons... I cant wait. I'll be writing a nice little "as long as the INFANT TWINS can sit in the courtroom with me, I'm there!" I've gotten a summons every year for the last 5; my husband- not once! I wrote hte last time that I will not serve again until the love is spread around. I'm all for my civic duty, but I'm not going back there until the folks I know at least get a summons!

Chelle said...

Wow, you are so blessed to have such a thoughtful neighbor.... *raises eyebrow* I hope that he understands his offer was appreciated but not at all wanted. What a creep.

Mrslady1975 said...

What a great excuse to get out of jury duty, huh?! Knock on wood but I have not been called in years. Let's hope I did not jinx myself.

Heather said...

G.R.O.S.S.

Barb said...

Wow Michele! That's crazy!

I don't put it past the creep to WANT to deliver the baby. ugh he's icky.