Monday, December 28, 2009

Aggravated

I feel like a restless animal about to give birth that just can't get comfortable and has sudden fits of aggression and/or insecurity. I suppose that's accurate considering I AM an animal very close to giving birth. I'm just so agitated in mind and body. I can't get comfortable. Any wrinkle in my day equates to crazy anxiety for me. I stayed home from work today because I overdid it big time yesterday with some projects. I felt like my pelvis was going to fall apart along with other things. And when I'm at work, I'm paranoid, insecure and uncomfortable. However, now at home I'm lonely, frustrated and feeling guilty - all clear signs that the problem lies with me.

I can only assume hormone craziness is the culprit as usual. Last night it was cold in our home, yet I woke up in night sweats more than once. And the outward remnant Christmas mess and other unfinished projects in our home make it all the worse. When I'm in orderly surroundings, it feels easier to keep myself tied together on the inside. Please tell me it's not just me and that it will get easier as time goes on with the baby. I'm afraid of my wonkiness and afraid that post partum is going to be very difficult. At least my Mom will be here to help me.

10 comments:

maresi said...

I don't think any of your feelings/emotions/reactions are at all unreasonable or even unusual. I'll pray that you are at ease somehow soon!

I bet you'll have baby this week. Here's my guess: Friday, 1/1, 4:38am, 7lbs, 13ozs, 20.5 inches long.

Barb said...

hahaha. Thanks Moreezy. Others can guess if they'd like. I never even thought about offering it up. I would REALLY not like you to be right on the weight though. haha.

Kristin said...

Your reactions and feelings are completely normal at this point. And, yes, it does get easier.

Michele said...

having my mom here when we brought the twins home was a godsend! cant wait to see pics of your little one!

HereWeGoAJen said...

When you start your leave, I'll come over for a day. We can either be productive and do some house projects or we can do something fun. You get to pick. :)

Let's see, I vote for 1/8, 11:35am, seven pounds, eight ounces, nineteen and a half inches. Oh and I think it will be a boy.

Jen said...

Giving birth and crazy emotions totally go hand in hand. Both before and afterwards, I'm afraid. But trust me, it will get better!

And I think you should have the baby on 1/7 because that's my birthday.

Rebecca said...

I vote for january 5, 7 pounds even, 20 inches. no idea on time of day. actually this is all just a wild-ass guess anyway.

definitely, things will get easier. if you DO get any postpartum emotional crap though, do NOT hesitate to talk to your doctor. i waited till my first baby was 7 months old and i really should not have done that.

Barb said...

I bet Michele!

Jen - Thanks! Hub says he thinks you're ALL wrong. haha.

Thanks Jen and Rebecca. I will take that advice to heart. Today was a pretty crazy day emotionally. I was able to snap myself out of it thank goodness, but it took a lot.

Barb said...

Oh and Jen.. I'll work on the bday thing. ;-) I already have a request for the 2nd and a request for the 4th for the same reason. haha.

Jamie said...

It will get better. Reading your post, I remember feeling this way but now they are such distant memories.

Sending hugs and much love!