I have never gotten a flu shot before. And the last time I had the flu was when I was about 12. That being said, circumstances are a little different this time around. I caught a cold once already, and it was completely miserable. I'll be knocking on my neighborhood clinic's door tomorrow morning when it receives its supply. My doctor can then be very happy and stop recommending it at regular intervals.
As for the H1N1 shot, I've already decided to get that one too as soon as it is offered. There is one offered about 20 miles from here, but I just really don't want to schlep up there to get it. I'm hoping one will be offered closer soon and that waiting is not the wrong decision considering some of my co-workers have contracted the virus already. I don't know when they're contagious but they often come to work sick, because who has the time off or money to stay out as long as that damn flu seems to last? The vaccine is completely killed pieces of the virus, so according to what I learned in college microbiology - pretty darn safe. You can however, have various reactions to it. I found lots of information that may be helpful to others in making a decision on the CDC website.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yes I get my flu shot every year. My work does them for free. I will definitely be getting the H1N1 vaccine just as soon as my OB receives it.
I skipped my flu shot last year and ended up getting a BAD case of the flu. I was seriously sick for three weeks and had a lot of breathing difficulty. I will never skip a flu shot again.
My work does them for free too, but refuses to give them to pg ladies. :/ Stupid eh? My OB runs out the minute he gets them.. dammit.
I hope you don't get sick this year Io!
No, I haven't gotten the shot yet, but I did just get confirmation that I have THE STINKING FLU. BOO and BAH.
I got my flu shot! Everyone has now here, actually.
I get my shot on Friday at my postpartum check up. Cant be too safe since we hoping the babies come home soon after that!
I can't believe your work refuses to give them to pregnant women! It is actually highly recommended for pregnant women because the vaccine is much safer for the baby than most treatments if you do get the flu.
I hope you are able to get one somewhere!
Before I got H1N1, I was going to skip the vaccine. Now I'm telling everyone to get it, because the flu is so awful. Plus, I can't imagine going through it while pregnant.
Got it. Good ole CVS. :)
Post a Comment