Thursday, April 29, 2010

Last Night

I cried.

I cried because I got my period, and it just feels like the symbol telling me this will pass. I thought I was totally cool with my baby getting bigger. Turns out I'm not. My period reminding me he's close to 6 months when breastfeeding may end. Holding his little warm infant body will someday soon be different. Everything changes. Am I ready?

I cried because one of the best friends I've ever had is going far away. I'll see her again sure, but now there's a big comfort, happiness shaped empty spot here in Florida.

Love you Matt, Jen, Elizabeth, Trin and Little Dog.

Your friends,
Barb, Hub, E and boys.

6 comments:

maresi said...

I'm crying right along with you, sister. For Jen, and for this little baby of mine who's still burning with fever.

Calliope said...

thinking of you.

seussgirl said...

So sorry, sweetie! I also just got my period back and am worried it means the end of b/feeding. We're still doing okay though, so I'm hopeful!
So I'm not sending you perfect thoughts, but I am sending you hope and hugs!

Michelle said...

I am sorry hun. I think it is totally normal to feel that way. My sister was the same with both kids. ((HUGS))

Jamie said...

Any change is difficult. Thinking of you . . .

HereWeGoAJen said...

We miss you too!