Saturday, January 30, 2010

Learning

I am learning that one should never be overconfident and that type A personalities with a need for structure probably have some of the hardest times adjusting to all this new stuff. I tend to be really hard on myself and want to improve instantly. Of course with a baby it's even more critical to me. Trying to learn to be more laid back. I think Farah has a lot to teach me!

I also would love to blog about a few other non-baby related things that have gone through my head and that happened before he was born, but everything has been distilled down to him and his care. Once I get my brain and body wrapped around all this, then I will have more room for the "extras."

5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Farah is good at the laid back.

It's hard for everyone to adjust to the massive change that a new baby brings.

Jamie said...

You'll adjust and get better with every adjustment.

For the longest time, I desperately wanted to blog about something non-baby related. Then I realized that I never ~did~ anything not baby related so I finally made peace with myself.

Rachel said...

A - men.

I don't understand why I'm not pefect at this mommy game almost three weeks into it. I used to love being a type A...now I wish I wasn't! But I am finding I am way more laid back than I thought I would be, and apparently the things I'm not laid back about are the things most important to me.

Hang in there - we'll figure it out!

Karen said...

I'm a perfectionist too so this mothering thing was a shock to my system. When we first got P, he used to SCREAM when I changed him. He hated lying still on his back. I was so slow at diapering him and used to get frustrated with myself for not being quicker. I look back only four months later and think boy was I hard on myself. I would have never expected anyone else to do everything perfectly right away.

It does get better. You get better at it and you learn to let things go.

Barb said...

thanks!!