Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Humbling

Admitting you have some post partum blues (not PPD) and exhaustion and having people respond well to it is not as easy as people always make it out to be.

8 comments:

Mrslady1975 said...

Admiting it is such a big step. I am sending you some happy vibes and hope you feel better soon. You are doing such a good job and you deserve a big hug. {{{HUGS}}}

maresi said...

whoever isn't responding well doesn't need to be part of the trust circle you'll need around you. I'm hoping you get the help you need and that you start to feel better.

HereWeGoAJen said...

It's so so hard at the beginning. Don't worry, it gets much easier.

Geohde said...

It is HARD to admit that the baby(ies) you worked so hard for make you tired, sad and miserable all the time in the early days. Period. Because after infertility it often feels like you're not ALLOWED to feel bad since you got what you 'asked' for, kwim?

If it helps, there were plenty of times I wanted to return my twins to sender, so to speak, in the early months.

It does get better with time, but it's totally normal to feel as you do now. Having a baby is the biggest time of psychiatric risk in any woman's lifetime.

g

http://999reasonstolaughatinfertility.blogspot.com/ said...

Hope you can treat yourself to feel better

Anonymous said...

Your words and honesty have been so inspirational. Thank you for being real!! Praying for you and I have no doubt you will overcome with flying colors!!

Jamie said...

I second Maresi - whoever doesn't respond well doesn't belong in the trust circle.

Having a new baby is HARD. Harder I think for us because we're afraid to complain about it.

Feel free to vent anytime. I'll always give you a big, "Amen, Sister!"

Michele said...

Admitting it is the first step. A dear friend of mine missed the first 3 months of her daughter's life because of PPD. She took meds and is now doing a world better. Hugs and thoughts to you...