Word. :-) My mom kept saying the whole time I was pregnant: "You just don't know. You just don't even know!" She meant how amazing and awesome it was going to be, not exhausting part, but frankly I was getting sick of hearing it. Now that I've been there, I can say that she was right..."You just don't KNOW!!!!" :-)
Going back to work this week, I have been so out of the loop. First, congratulations! I missed the click it or miss it post, but I can see from the photo in the little preview in my dashboard that your little guy is beautiful. I love the name you chose!
I agree with holy crap to both. I can't believe how much I love my son. Every day I feel so blessed. At the same time, when he first came home it was more overwhelming than I anticipated to take care of him and to just get everything done that needed doing. Not to mention the lack of sleep and he wasn't a newborn. It got better once we got into a routine, but it was hard at first. Plus there's always that questioning of yourself whether you're doing it right or not. My sister told me about a video she has of one of the first times she and her DH changed my niece's diaper. She said they both laugh at it now because of how long it took and that it took both of them to do it. After a while, she could do it in the dark with one hand tied behind her back. ;-)
I think that pretty much sums it up! I'm sure this is all a part of God's plan to ensure we continue to procreate but in all honestly, I really don't remember the labor and delivery very much. It makes me so sad. And makes me want to do it again!
Hubby kept the kiddo up a little bit late tonight so I could see him when I got home from work and I just love him SO FREAKING MUCH. Seriously - I can't stand it.
Lots of trying, angst, sadness, pain and procedures mixed with the happiest marriage and most fulfilling life I could hope to have. Now, after 4 years of hoping and praying, our little man is here - delivered Jan. 4th, 2010. Disbelief, craziness and joy. This blog serves as my outlet and record of my daily life - whether it be infertility related or not.
14 comments:
Word. :-) My mom kept saying the whole time I was pregnant: "You just don't know. You just don't even know!" She meant how amazing and awesome it was going to be, not exhausting part, but frankly I was getting sick of hearing it. Now that I've been there, I can say that she was right..."You just don't KNOW!!!!" :-)
That it is. But so rewarding... So very rewarding...
Going back to work this week, I have been so out of the loop. First, congratulations! I missed the click it or miss it post, but I can see from the photo in the little preview in my dashboard that your little guy is beautiful. I love the name you chose!
I agree with holy crap to both. I can't believe how much I love my son. Every day I feel so blessed. At the same time, when he first came home it was more overwhelming than I anticipated to take care of him and to just get everything done that needed doing. Not to mention the lack of sleep and he wasn't a newborn. It got better once we got into a routine, but it was hard at first. Plus there's always that questioning of yourself whether you're doing it right or not. My sister told me about a video she has of one of the first times she and her DH changed my niece's diaper. She said they both laugh at it now because of how long it took and that it took both of them to do it. After a while, she could do it in the dark with one hand tied behind her back. ;-)
Enjoy your little boy! I'm so happy for you!
Yeah. Just yeah.
I feel you, sister.
It feels so patronising to tell an expectant parent that they just have NO IDEA. But it's true. And you'll never understand it until you've done it.
But it's awesome and it just gets better and better!
Here's to more awesomeness than hardness...(and lots of made up words!)
I think that pretty much sums it up! I'm sure this is all a part of God's plan to ensure we continue to procreate but in all honestly, I really don't remember the labor and delivery very much. It makes me so sad. And makes me want to do it again!
Hubby kept the kiddo up a little bit late tonight so I could see him when I got home from work and I just love him SO FREAKING MUCH. Seriously - I can't stand it.
Congratulations! Looking forward to being in the same awe-inspiring (both ways) boat in a couple of weeks!
Ain't that the truth.
Here from JamieD's blog....Congratulations to you and hubz and Blessings to the baby!
Yes and yes! :)
True that.
Yep yep!!!!
Absolutely.
E is darling BTW, since I didn't post in time on the last one.
Post a Comment