Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I've been tagged!

Seussgirl tagged me to list 7 quirks/unusual things about myself in my blog. Should be fun!

1. I like to sit on the floor... not for dinner or anything, just when hanging out. I don't know why. It perplexes many of my hosts, believe me.

2. If I read a book that's part of a series, I have to read them all (unless they go on forever like Xanth or something.) And I absolutely CANNOT read them out of turn.

3. I love how things feel. I am often almost as entranced by toddler toys that are made out of fun materials as toddlers themselves are.

4. I am highly smell oriented. If I smell something bad, I will ferret it out until I can get rid of it. On the other hand, I love the smell of crayons and books; two things that bring back wonderful memories. I'm also tuned in to how people smell... not just their perfume, but that YOU smell. ya know what I mean? (See.. quirky. ;-)

5. I have a thumb that I can pop out of joint and lock in place. It's gross, and it hurts, but I can do it.

6. I regularly have dreams so crazy and vivid they could be complete movies. (although sometimes those movies would be completely wacked out)

7. I like to mix different drinks together. For example: I think it's fun to mix cherry coke with iced tea, or ginger ale with root beer etc.

I'm sure DH is thinking I have MUCH weirder things than these, but this is what I came up with. If he would like to post some in his comments, he's more than welcome. (Just remember dear, that this is my anonymous blog, so no identifying info!)

I tag Allison, Journey to Junior and Kristen

9 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Oh fun ..i love these things .. clever ..and thank you for your comment on my blog about hte Oprah thingy. I just got some "ME" at times and get overwhelmed and upset. Excellent perpective

Hilary (Maya Papaya) said...

I am so with you on the smelling thing and the mixing drinks thing. Right now, I'm sipping on a "cocktail" of apple juice, cranberry juice and diet 7up. Delish! :)

(re: your previous post) There is a great book called "Fertility Foods" by Jeremy Groll. I bought it, read it cover to cover, and found it to be really helpful. And the recipes in there are great. Thought it might help - I know how limiting/frustrating the whole pre-pregnancy diet thing can be...

seussgirl said...

I'm with you on #1 and 2! I used to drive my grandma crazy by sitting on the floor instead of a chair. :) (But my dad would do it, too, so she couldn't yell too much).
And it's one of my pet peeves to pick up a book to read and realize it's part of a series, and not the first one!

Mirabel's Parents said...

hey, barb!! thanks for tagging me - but could you change my name to journey to junior? the other name is for closed forums only...thanks!

Prairie Girl said...

I love the list on Quirky things. It's always so interesting to learn, as I have a lot of quirks too! lol

Barb said...

So sorry junior! I fixed it. :) Mind if I call ya junior? ;-)

If you all like doing it, you can consider yourself tagged. I don't think it should be restricted to any certain people. :)
B

Barb said...

Suessgirl - Oh yeah! It would make me SO mad with fantasy books, b/c I was REALLY into them there for a while, but I didn't want to have to read 20 of them!

Allison said...

Whoa! I've never been tagged before. My family might find it weird, but maybe even THEY will learn something new about me. ;-)

Kristen said...

Thanks for the tag, Barb! I will definitely be doing that to pass the time this week. XOXO