Monday, October 29, 2007

Just holding the fort...

Thanks everyone, for your kind thoughts about my upcoming 2 years. Like Yodasmistress, I don't know when my exact date is, but it's coming rather too quickly for my liking. I remember when we started this adventure (?) that I could see no reason why I wouldn't be pregnant by age 30. It was inconceivable to me that it would go on this long. And yes, I know many have been trying so much longer, but we (at least in my case) always seem to think "It won't happen to us," or "My problem won't be that bad." I don't know if it's good or bad, but I'm a lot more realistic and a touch more pessimistic than I was before all this. I also like to think I've matured a lot. And that's a great thing. I'm happy to have the greater sensitivity that I now have. I am not proud of some of my thoughts on infertility before I experienced it.

As for my daily life, it's just chugging along. I just finished my last progesterone pill, and I think AF ("Aunt Flo" - menses) is just around the corner. I'm excited that it's happening so quickly as it usually takes about 5 days for me. The minute I get AF, I call the clinic for my cyst scan and we're on to Femara and the "Last IUI." (I thought that deserved capitals.)

The weather is finally starting to settle. It's always cooler in the evenings and mornings in October, but the days can range from Summer hot to pleasantly mild (at least for Fla.. mild is 80's). But now we're seeing low 80's during the day more consistently, and we only hit the high for a few hours. Ahhhh Florida winter here we come. I LOVE IT.

The hubby got Guitar Hero III for his birthday and is in hog heaven! I like Guitar Hero too, but played myself out a bit. He's still completely gung ho! He also got Kingdom Hearts, and that I'm becoming a little obsessed with. Anyone else have games they love that they'd like to share? My all-time favorite is Okami.

See why I haven't updated? Not a lot going on. :) Just the day to day.. which I guess is ok with me.

Cheers!

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Oh i loved Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 .. ... I'm actually cheering for AF this once!

Me said...

I used to be a big time gamer - I loved FPS (First Person Shooters) that you play online like Counterstrike. But then work started taking up more and more of my time and games like that are all about HOW OFTEN YOU PRACTICE so that kinda got eeked out of my daily schedule. Now I don't do much gaming at all... Maybe a bit of mindless "hack & slash" on the PS2 occasionally but mostly not. :-l

Anonymous said...

Have never played a video game in my life unless the scrabble application on facebook counts!

Yay for time moving fast - fingers crossed that this is it!!!