Monday, October 1, 2007

Better...

Grandfather is home (with a nurse 24 hrs) and stable. We should have a little more time with him at least.

My ultrasound and pre-op consult has been rescheduled (for the 3rd time) for Wednesday. My hospital blood work and tour are still on for Thursday. Work is gonna love this. I'll be sure to update when I go. Does anyone have any input on what I should ask at the consult? I have a few ideas, but welcome more!

This morning, as I snuggled in bed half asleep, I swear as hubby leaned over to peck my cheek, I heard him say, "I am so lucky." He maintains that he doesn't remember what he said, but it still left me with warm fuzzies. It's times like these when I realize that despite the ttc hardships, I have a damn good life and marriage. I have to remember that I've already been blessed many times over.

UDPATE: I finally also have an endocrinologist appointment! They did the whole, "Don't call us, we'll call YOU" thing, but I don't have enough patience for that. I called them and they worked me in!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I do the same thing....take a step back and look at my life and realize that I am very lucky. TTC is such an emotional roller coaster. It can be unbearable. Thank goodness we have great husbands to help us through this. I try to remember that I am more than my infertility.

Barb said...

Thanks Brandy. :)

AwkwardMoments said...

Yah for you! I do not have patiences for all this waiting we do

Allison said...

Hooray! (Both for a great hubby and an endocrinologist appt!) When is your appt? Keep us posted.

Prairie Girl said...

That is too cute...he is incrediably lucky.

And I so agree, we are definately not our infertility...I have to remember this.

Kristen said...

I'm so glad your grandfather is doing better. I hope that he can be comfortable and stay with you for as long as possible.

I'm so glad you stood up for yourself with the RE! I am excited to see what is about to happen for you. I hope the u/s went well today. I'm thinking of you! XOXO

Barb said...

Thanks girls! You're the best!

Kristen - I hope for that too.. as long as he's comfortable. I fear he won't remember who we are much (the younger ones), but I don't want him to be in pain.

And I'm not going to another RE.. I'm getting my very own clinical endocrinologist! ;-)