So far, my checklist for Friday (the big day!) is this:
- pillow for tummy
- loose fitting clothes
- soup, jello and other smooth things in case of a sore throat
- pick up pain killers
- bring a pad
- ask anesthesiologist for "anti-barf-o-rama" meds.
- ask above (that word is a bitch to type out) to - makesureIdon'twakeuppleasethankyou! Aunt and Mom have both woken up in surgery.
- Prepare to use the Hub as a security blanket. ;-)
As for my poll... It looks like my assumptions were way off! Of course it's not in the SLIGHTEST scientific so who knows what the real answer is. hahaha. RE seems to think that all this talk about endometriosis being autoimmune related is not true, and that it's probably more a structural thing. hmm. By the way, have you all noticed how blogger says that all of our IF terms are misspelled? Highly annoying. ADD THEM TO YOUR LIST, YA BUMS!
11 comments:
I've never had a lap, so I can't calm you down with an "everything will be okay" story. But I do want to wish you good luck and a quick recovery.
Hi Barb,
Been there ;P I know surgery, no matter how minor and safe is still scary, but you'll be fine. Dr. B is a great surgeon, you're in good hands. You'll take a little nap and the next thing you know...you're awake and super happy that everything is over! (Or maybe it's just the morphine, haha)
Be sure to update us when you feel up to it so we won't be left wondering who won the bet, ;).
I'll be thinking about you, good luck and a speedy recovery.
Thanks so much Stephanie and Mel!!!
Stephanie - I'll be emailing you soon, and will certainly update my blog when I feel up to it. :)
Barb,
I got very weepy while waiting to go into the OR. I was scared and I didn't want to leave my husband. Kinda childish, but I couldn't help it. Dr. J gave me a script for nausea med. and I had to fill it because it hit me that night. I slept the entire day when I got home and all through the night! Sounds like you got it covered!
Good luck,
Brandy
Good luck with you lap!
I don't have endo or eczema, but I do have PCOS and acne rosacea.
Good luck with your lap.
OMG, your mom and aunt woke up in surgery. whoa. that is scary! i've had 3 surgeries and don't remember a thing!
my lap/hysteroscopy/D&C really was not bad. the gas pains were probably the worst thing to deal with afterwards for a couple of days.
you have a great list going here. one thing i did that i'm so thankful for is typing and printing out a list of questions to have DH ask your RE immediately following the surgery - while it is fresh in your RE's mind - and have DH write down the answers. i studied that sheet of paper so intently for the next two days, since i wasn't up for knowing anything until at least the day after surgery. hopefully your DH takes good notes! :) here are the questions i asked:
1. Should she expect any bleeding? How heavy? How many days?
2. Care instructions for incisions. Get it wet? Use Neosporin?
3. When can we have sex again?
4. What signs would be cause for worry? Should we go to the emergency room or call your answering service?
5. Did you find any endometriosis? What stage? What areas? Were you able to remove it all?
7. Did you find any uterine fibroids or polyps? Were you able to remove them?
8. Did you find any uterine abnormalities? What kind – septum or bicornuate? Were you able to correct the problem?
9. Are the fallopian tubes open?
10. When does she need to come in for a follow up exam?
11. How would you rate our chances of getting pregnant now?
nothing much to add except GOOD LUCK!!!
Hey Barb,
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for you. Good luck, I know DH will take great care of you.
Good luck, Barb! (Great list, Ilissa!) I'll be thinking of you Friday.
I actually came here because I noticed someone (Steph, I think) posted on LP that flax oil is great for excema. It's in the Omega 3-6-9 thread.
Its a little late and after hte fact..but i wish you well and speedy recovery
Post a Comment