Thursday, August 20, 2009

Reading List

Kristin from Dragondreamer's Lair wants to know what books are on our reading lists. I have a hard time keeping up with fun questions, awards and such on others' blogs, but you can always reel me in with book stuff. So I thought I'd share mine.

I recently finished a bunch of books, but these are some I still have waiting for me and some I still need to order from the library.

1. The Sight - David Clement-Davies
2. Chalice - Robin McKinley
3. Number the Stars - Lois Lowry (thanks to Jen)
4. A Swiftly Tilting Planet - Madeleine L'Engle
5. Valiant - Holly Black
6. Marked - Kristin & PC Cast
7. Shadow Mountain - Renee Askins
8. Auralia's Colors - Jeffrey Overstreet

There are more, but these are the most immediate ones on my list. Please share and let a note in the comments if you'd like so I can browse.

3 comments:

seussgirl said...

Hmmm...I'm on book 29 or 30 of the summer, and none of your books were on my list! Guess I have some more looking to do. :)
I just got sucked into the Restoration series by Terri Blackstock. Recommended by my NP, of all people! The first one was called Last Light, I think; they're based on the idea that the entire world loses power instantaneously - no cars, no watches, no lights, no planes - nothing. Interesting concept. Makes me want to stock up on bottled water. :)

HereWeGoAJen said...

You should add the Austin series by Madeleine L'Engle too. The first two are Meet the Austins and then The Moon by Night. When you get Meet the Austins, check your copy to make sure that it has a chapter called "The Anti-Muffins." In some middle editions, that chapter was removed to be published separately. And that is WRONG.

Kristin said...

Glad you joined in:) My full reading list for this year is in my book challenge post.