To say I get anxious before each Doctor's appointment is a little bit of an understatement. I don't actually feel all that anxious, but I have nightmares to write home about the day or two before... usually dealing with the baby. This appointment was a biggie as I was to find out the results of our anatomy scan (other than BOY. :)
What a fucking GIANT relief to find that he is all healthy as far as they can tell! No evidence of any abnormalities, and growth seems right on track! WAHOOO! I could expire from relief at this whole pregnancy so far, let me tell you. He's my little champ. He's getting a high five when he gets outta there.
Everything seems on track with me too. The only thing we're a little worried about is a tendency to get a pounding heartbeat and nausea if I haven't gotten enough rest. The doctor thinks it's still to do with electrolytes, but since it's still happening (usually only in the AM) even with my continued intake of around 32 oz a day, he wants me to have my GP do an EKG just in case. I do have a benign murmur. Could that have anything to do with it?
In my daily life, work is getting harder - especially in this heat. Doctor says to no longer lift over 25 pounds and to take frequent breaks. It's just difficult because you don't want to put too much on your coworkers. He says that my career should be fine though and since I'm physically active, I should actually be healthier.
Because of work though, I've been getting a lot of leg aches at night along with a lower back ache. I have to look into pregnancy orthotics. Does anyone have tips on good ones? I was thinking about that back support thing that holds up your belly too. Again - any info?
And finally, I've started spotting just a teeny bit of colostrum from my huge left Mama. I noticed it the other day on my shirt and brushed it off as nothing. It couldn't be YET right? But then last night, here it came again.. completely unmistakable. The funny thing is, when I check the offender, there's no sign of it. So weird. Does this bode well for my ability to breast feed? It's something about which I've been very worried.
Other than the usual pregnancy weirdness, I feel pretty darn good. My emotions are hectic, but way better than during the clomid and injectibles days, so I can handle it.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I'm glad that everything looks good.
My tatas have been leaking since 16w! Only a little here and there, but I actually had to wear a breast pad one day!
So glad to hear the little champ is doing well! Yippie!
Oooh, PLEASE give him an actual high five when he's born. That would be all kinds of awesome.
And get your cell phone minutes back, I'm all kinds of BORED. ;)
WOOOO HOOOO on a perfect scan!! atta boy!
My boobs didn't leak at ALL before birth and I was worried they were broken. I think different boobs do different things on different ladies and that how they are behaving now is probably a good sign for you.
So glad to hear the anatomy scan went well and you have an absolutely perfect little boy in there!!!
Wonderful news. Glad the little one and you are doing well.
Yes, the murmur could have to do with what you are experiencing. The blood volume in your body increases by 50% while you are pregnant.
Finally, while spotting colostrum is a very good sign, it isn't a guarantee.
I am very happy for you.
So glad everything looks good! I don't have any recommendations on orthotics, but I have found that a body pillow did wonders for my hip aches and backaches. I even invested in one of those fancy pregnancy pillows, but I don't know that they're worth it. I have too much trouble unwinding myself if I need to get up in the middle of the night. :)
Excellent news!
YAY! So happy to hear that everything went well with the scan!!!
Thanks you lovely beautiful people.
Congrats on the perfect anatomy scan!!
The heat has been really tough lately - I feel your pain. Besides not being able to breath, it saps what little energy I happen to have.
Your heart murmmur could definitely be a culprit. I've known a couple of girls whose minor heart problems were exacerbated with pregnancy. I hope your follow up with your GP comes up with nothing serious.
Yay, so glad that it went well!!
SO good to read about you and your babe progressing through normal hurdles -
Post a Comment