Saturday, July 4, 2009

Here Goes...

OK, I hate arranging photos in this thing so they're a little out of order. The first, smallest one is pretty much the minute I got the positive test because I wanted a "base" photo. Keep in mind that I had pre-AF (or shall I say pregnancy?) bloat going on. The one in the middle is 10 weeks (horrible red shirt - Hub's favorite - NOT), and the one on the right is 8 weeks.

The last one on the bottom is 12. It was taken on our cruise as you can see. :) And no, I almost never dress up for belly shots. I like to get them first thing in the morning to reduce the bloated look. And you know what? Ever since I have started showing more, I am absolutely shocked at how many people will judge your belly size... as in, "you're too big for this stage!" or whatever it may be. The unsolicited advice and all that I expected, but the rudeness about my size??? SO not ready for it.




22 comments:

CruzMissile said...

You look fabulous.

Christina said...

You look great! Just wait till you're like 20 weeks and people ask you if you're going to "pop" soon like you're some sort of balloon.

Heather said...

OMG there is a little BABY in there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen said...

What a beautiful bump you've got developing there! You look fantastic!

Mrslady1975 said...

Beautiful baby belly!

Liz said...

Looking great! (and just ignore the people telling you what size you should be).

Barb said...

Thanks so much sweet ladies. You really are wonderful.

(oh and also note the progression of boobs from large to HOLY CRAP! On the cruise I heard more than once.. ooh.. that's where your weight gain is. haha)

seussgirl said...

Ha, my MIL just this week asked how big the baby is currently and then told me that by looking at me she would have expected it to be larger! And then didn't understand how we took that as an insult!
People - who needs 'em? :)

You look great!

calliope said...

you look great!! I LOVE seeing these!!!!

Michele said...

So cute!!! I love it!

Rebecca said...

A few things -

I agree with everyone, your belly is completely adorable.

About the comments: people have NO sense of propriety. I once had a checkout guy tell me when I was seven months pregnant that he would have had no idea i was pregnant because he thought it was a BEER BELLY!!!

And just out of curiosity, from what part of Canada is your husband?

HereWeGoAJen said...

Perfection! Now, make sure you don't forget to put up the pictures on time or people yell at you. ;)

AwkwardMoments said...

Look how cute you are .. so sorry bout the RLP ..

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful.

I wandered over from Stirrup Queens' blogroll, have PCOS myself, and I'm so excited for your news. Stories like this give me hope. :) Sending good thoughts for an easy pregnancy!

- Molly
http://roots-andwings.blogspot.com/

Blur said...

Fabulous belly pictures! I've lurked but I havent said congratulations yet, so Congrats on the pregnancy!

Barb said...

SG - that SUCKS! People are weird.

Rebecca.. BEER BELLY??? Argh. He's from the GTA. I figured you'd get that. ;-)

Farah - RLP. hmm.. not getting it. Am I dense?

Thanks Molly! I'll check out your blog. I'm glad my story can make you feel good. :) My answer was metformin but there seem to be lots of different answers and means and also just strokes of luck with this damn PCOS.

Thanks Blur! Glad to make your acquaintance!

Chelle said...

Look at that cute little belly! You're adorable. I am still so excited for you. And anyone who makes unsolicited comments can stuff it. I actually had someone tell me at 4.5 mos pg they thought I was just fat. Nice.

KayBee said...

You're perfect! (And don't let anyone tell you any different.) You have such a tiny frame, and there IS more than just a baby in there. Where do they expect you to put it??

Jamie said...

Hi Baby!!

You look fantastic! I would wear my jammies all day long if I could get away with it.

Malloryn said...

You look fantastic! :)

Io said...

Uh, if that's supposed to be too big for your stage, I am in trouble since I look like that at zero weeks pregnant after pizza.

Steph said...

You look great!

And those people can shove it. I know you are like me with about an inch between hip bone and bottom rib so there is really no where to go but out.;)
Your boob comment scares me. I don't think mine CAN get any bigger. :0