Phew. Our house projects along with the upcoming event have turned life into a tornado interspersed with such fatigue that I lose consciousness for a while. I didn't even do a 16 or 17 week photo yet! Things are coming along though, and that makes me happy. Our living room is almost ready to move the office stuff into. The office is what will soon be the baby's room. We just have a few more projects to finish in order to have enough space. The baby's room hasn't even been started of course since we can't move anything out of it yet. That will be a challenge for another day.
We got rid of one old harvest gold appliance! We found such a great deal that we couldn't pass it up. One down, two to go. Our guest shower is also likely to be finished in another week or so! Those of you who follow will remember that we started that project 3 years ago... Yes... 3. If you doubt your ability to tile, follow your gut. You'll thank heaven for it.
In health news, I just took my one hour glucose tolerance test. I really hope I pass it because one hour was really not fun. I can't imagine the two and three. I took the two hour a long time ago, but the ravenous food beast inside me has become much more insistent since then. I saw one poor pregnant lady doing her three hour, and she was quite droopy. Since my fasting glucose levels were in the 70's, does anyone know if that means I'll likely pass this test?
And remember how I have the older neighbor who's just a bit um.... friendly... with me? Well, my distaste and worry over him have turned into full blown anxiety. It's awful. I'm assuming it's hormones or just repetitive experience or maybe just a mix of all of it. But every time I prepare to leave the house, I listen first for the sound of his hacking. Then I peek out the blinds as unobtrusively as I can. If he's not there, I dash out to my car. On the way back, I find myself getting anxious just before our street and grasp my cell phone in preparation to be "busy" if I have to walk past him. Not that a phone call always stops him, but at least I have an excuse to mostly ignore him. It sucks because I don't do much outside without Hub here... though it's too hot right now anyway.
I don't know if the neighbor knows I'm pregnant yet, but I wish he could never find out. He has expressed a desire to "babysit" for us when we have children before. NO WAY. He may have guessed from seeing me in certain unmistakable maternity tops, because he does watch from the windows sometimes. I wonder because he approached me very oddly the other day about the disaster that is our lawn. (Years of not enough money for lawn care and the desire but lack of know how to be environmentally friendly will do that to ya) Hub was standing there staring at him, so maybe that's why he seemed uncomfortable. My other thoughts were that maybe he's finally guessed that I avoid him or that he's guessed I'm pregnant and is all upset I didn't tell him. As for the first, I find it hard to believe that after over a year of this crap and no sign of repentance from him that he's suddenly had a light bulb moment. The Hub and pregnancy explanations seem more plausible. But with all this, the worst thing is that I feel guilty... ME. I feel like I'm hurting someone's feelings or something. What is it with that? The man is making me very uncomfortable in a highly inappropriate way, and I feel guilt. People like that really piss me off. They do what they want without thought to the feelings of others, and the people they're hurting pay the price no matter what. AARGH.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
How exciting about the house! It sounds like it is really coming together.
Ugh. Creepy neighbor. Sorry about that.
ick- creepy neighbors. Yuck!
Your house sounds like it is really coming along! That is great!
I hate anything that requires fasting. I am hungry and it never fails that I am hungry when I need to fast. YUCK. I'm hoping that since I'm in the hospital now that I can do the bloodwork in some godawful time of the wee morning, so I can fast after dinner and take that nasty stuff at like 2am or something. We shall see...
And I cant wait to see updated pg shots! :)
Thanks WB. :)
Michele - maybe you can even sleep while you're waiting for the blood draw! I always thought that would make it easier, but it's sure hard to do in a blood lab waiting room.
It's awesome that your house projects are coming along well! That's very cool.
Sorry to hear about the creepy neighbor, and how it's so bad that you try to avoid him when you can. Can Hubs run interference for you, or is the creepy guy always there?
I'm off sometimes when Hub isn't, so yeah.. the retired old man is always there. I love when he goes on vacation let me tell ya. It makes it worse that I thought in the beginning (and maybe he did) that he saw me as a grandchild sort. Now his attentions are much less grandfatherly, and it's disturbing and disgusting and pathetic.
I hope you pass the glucose test. The three hour one bites... I know from exprience. I didn't pass that one either.
House project also bite. Especially while pg. You have my sympathies there too.
Good luck with Creepy Neighbor. Hopefully he has figured out his advances are unwanted. Ick!
My label maker is READY.
Hmm, maybe I can loan you my scary husband to come over and put some fear into your neighbor.
Do we get to see pics when the house is finished? It sounds like things are really progressing there.
And, hope the creepy neighbor leaves you alone.
WAY TO GO! good luck w/ the 1 hr. 70 is a very low fasting number. excellent ..i would suspect you passed
Post a Comment