Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Catching Up

We're back, and I will be catching up, but things are insane right now. I can't even write a cohesive, coherent post about it all, so you're going to get it in blurbs. Europe was exhilarating, enlightening, beautiful and a great chance to get away from our lives. Unfortunately, it didn't take long to have it all come crashing back.

*Aunt died this morning. More complications from the whole process. As usual at this early
stage, most are numb and nothing is figured out yet. Since prices of everything went up a lot even in that short week we were gone, am I going to have money to go to the funeral? Hell, are we going to have money to do anything if this doesn't stop soon?

*There was a birth in the family. At least that's a good thing. I just wish I had already borne a
playmate for the new one. CONGRATULATIONS M&H!

*I got my period on the second plane back home... the plane that was delayed, and in which the a/c was broken at first so we sat on a sweltering tarmac for 40 minutes while they fixed it. Nice. However, I noticed that it came at exactly the time it should have come for me to have ovulated on cycle day 24... just like the last 2 cycles. Maybe I did ovulate, and it just wasn't a good one, or maybe my body is just actually having regular menses now even if I don't ovulate. I am very happy about either case because it's still more regular than I was before. I just wish we could bump up the ovulation day a little bit. It would be nice if this would work for me because I don't see us having the money for that last try at IUI any time soon. It just seems too frivolous when we're dealing with all this family and financial stuff.

I will write more about how wonderful Germany and the Netherlands were along with photos when I feel more up to it. I was so entranced by our trip, and it filled me with such joy that I don't want to write about it until I can do it justice.

Now I'm on to catch up on everyone's lives.

Lots of love,
FCiF

15 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I am so sorry about your aunt. That's terrible.

I've noticed that if my period is anywhere near appearing, I get it after/during a plane ride. So do my mom and my sister (the only other people I have studied this phenomena in, so 100% of sample size).

Mrs. Shoes said...

I am glad you are back safe and sound. But so very sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt. Prayers for you and your family as your mourn the loss of this wonderful woman.

Stephanie said...

Welcome back!!!

So sorry to hear about your Aunt. I hope you're able to go to the funeral. Prices for everything are suddenly ridiculous...it sucks.

I look forward to reading about your trip, I'm afraid you won't have to read long to catch up with me. Ha ha. Talk to you soon.

Kathy V said...

Welcome back. I hope you had a good time.

I am so sorry that you had to come back to hear that your aunt had died. It is never easy to follow a great vacation with a funeral for a family member that is well loved.

Well my last cycle, ovulation occurred on day 21. I am hoping that now you are becoming regular that maybe things will work out for you. (I think "crappy" clomid helped my body jump start into ovulating on its own. Maybe that will help and it is far cheaper than an iui.)

Again, welcome back. Can't wait to see pictures and hear all the details.

Barb said...

Thanks everyone. It feels good to "see" you again. :) Loved your post Stephanie. Can't wait to takl to you again. BSTBS - You've been so sweet. You're right she is wonderful. And you're so kind to say that even though you didn't know her. It makes me feel very good.

Thanks Kathy. That makes me think a little. I already did 4 clomid rounds. I ovulated, but nothin. DH has less than stellar sperm too, so that hurts our chances a little. I also did 7 femara rounds and some gonal-f. Fun huh?

Karl Wielecki said...

Welcome back Barb! Can't wait to hear about the trip and see pictures! Our condolences on the loss of your aunt. You and your family are in our prayers.

Victoria said...

Condolences on the death of your Aunt Barb- so much happening at once for you - birth, death, period, return. Peace to you and yours.

Chelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. I had hoped she would pull through.

That IS good news about ovulations happening on the same cycle day.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get away from life during your trip and fully enjoy yourself. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Kara said...

My most sincere condolences regarding the passing of your Aunt, I'm truly sorry.

So glad you are back safe and sound, I've experienced both Germany (I loved Munich and seeing the Glockenspeil SP?) and the Netherlands as well.

Sorry to hear about the return of AF, she just left my house and after 6 months of not trying I still get feelings of devastation and wonder if it will ever end?

Looking forward to seeing your pics and reading your commentary.

Jamie said...

I am sorry to hear about your aunt. My prayers are with your family.

Looking forward to all the great stories about your trip!

Malloryn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt passing away, Barb. My condolences to you and your family. It sounds like she was an amazing person. I hope you're able to make it to the funeral.

I'm excited to hear about your vacation. I've been to several places in Germany (my parents are German, and I still have several relatives there). It's a beautiful country.

Prairie Girl said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your aunt!! ((Hugs))

I am glad you had a safe and wonderful trip!!

Penelope said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your aunt. (((huge hugs)))

Glad you had a wonderful trip. I know what you mean about not wanting to write about it right now till you can do it justice. We went for 3 weeks to Europe and when I came back everyone was like sooo how was it? and I said amazing...then they said...what did you do? I was so overwhelmed by everything i saw and experienced I couldnt even put it into words LOL!! Anyways, cant wait to hear about your trip when you get around to writing it :) Glad you are back safe and sound :)

Mirabel's Parents said...

i, too am so sorry about your aunt. :(

i'm glad you had an amazing time...i can't wait to hear all about it!

Barb said...

Thank you for the continued condolences. She was a wonderful woman.

Kara - We weren't in that area of Germany, so didn't see Munich. I wish we could have seen so much more though. We took 100's of photos.

Malloryn - You are SO lucky! My family is German waaaay back, but no one left there that we know now. It is an incredibly beautiful country.

Amy - I agree. ;)