Thursday, June 12, 2008

One of my 2 secret knitting projects revealed

I can finally show everyone one of those knitting projects I couldn't talk about.

I knitted them for the recent addition to our extended family, so I couldn't show them until they received it. They are Mary Jane Booties, and I just love them. They were surprisingly easy, but I did have some problems with left and right (as I always seem to) and am not sure it ended up exactly correct. I also knitted 3 booties to get 2 that I liked. haha.

Here's a shot of what they look like before they are finished and sewn up. I'm pretty darn proud of myself as this is my very first attempt at footwear. I hope the little girl likes them!

I think I may feel like doing some trip posts in the next few days.

15 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oh my goodness, those are so dreadfully cute that I cannot stand it. You are extremely talented with the knitting. I can only do squares.

Stephanie said...

OMG, so freakin' cute! I can't believe you can make stuff like that, I'm so jealous. Nice job!

Chelle said...

Barb those are amazing. You absolutely should be proud of yourself. You are so talented. I hope they were very well received and very much appreciated.

Victoria said...

Precious booties for sweet new girl child - obviously made with love - best kind of gift.

Kathy V said...

Very Cute!! You did a great job. I am sure your family members will love them!!

Jen said...

Those are adorable! And isn't it weird how booties like that come together. I remember doing my first Saartje bootie and thinking they'd never turn out. And then all the sudden they were done and with a little sewing in a bootie shape!

Mirabel's Parents said...

i have NEVER seen anything cuter than those booties. OMG, they are amazing! i am so impressed with your wide-ranging talents. seriously!

Prairie Girl said...

Those are so darn cute!! Great job Hun!!!

seussgirl said...

Those are beautiful!
I'm sure any little girl would love them. :)

Jamie said...

Those are too cute!! I hope I can stick with my knitting long enough to make something. I am still practicing, but am getting easily frustrated. The weather isn't helping either - I get frustrated, then I get hot and my hands start to sweat, etc. Maybe I should set it down until October!

AwkwardMoments said...

Look how fantastic!

the Babychaser: said...

Those are ridiculously cute. I want a pair for myself.

I can't believe you can knit booties for other people's babies, even if it's family. You're a better woman than I am. (I also can't knit, so there you go.)

JW Moxie said...

Super-cute! I'm jealous...I've always wanted to learn to knit!

Barb said...

Thanks for all the enthusiasm!! :) I swear, they really aren't a difficult pattern. And I'm still learning. It's taken me years to get to this point I'm ashamed to say. haha. I was proud of myself though.

Chelle - They were very much appreciated. It made me feel warm and fuzzy.

Jen - I loove the saartje booties. Left you a note in your comments.

Haha.. thanks Jr. For me - it's more like impatience and small attention span. I bounce around a lot. Jack of all trades, master of none sorta deal. ;)

Jamie - stick with it! It is easier to knit in the winter though. But like I said above.. it took me years. Use some of the knitting links on my blog for help!! That's what finally really got me going b/c I couldn't understand the written instructions on how to do the slip slip knit decrease and things like that. The videos help immensely. I watch them over and over and over to get it right.

Babychaser - It's not always easy, but things like that help me heal usually. I did put them down for a long while, and I cry a lot over other people's babies. For me, it's all about making it about that new little human life. Once it's about the baby and not about the issue, then I'm ok. I just have to get past that, and making gifts for the new little human helps. :)

Kymberli - Check out my knitting help link and you can! :) it's very soothing.

Heather said...

I know I'm late to the party, but as the recipient of the booties, I must say that they are AMAZINGLY CUTE!! I was thrilled when they arrived in the mail! We tried them on her right away but her little feeties are still too small...I think in just a few weeks or so they will be a perfect fit. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for such a thoughtful gift!