Thursday, May 1, 2008
Off-Topic Plea for Assistance
Seems as if I may be the only one headed to Europe after all. NOT exactly what I had in mind. Could anyone having experience with the thoroughly ridiculous Canadian passport renewal process shoot me a note? Especially helpful would be Canadians currently living in the U.S. who have had to do it. We are facing a problem here. sigh. Talk about depressing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Brown eyed girl is canadian but not sure if she has had to apply for a passport recently. She lives in Canada so not sure if that is helpful or not. She can be found at http://emptyarmsandbrokenhearts.blogspot.com/
I just applied for a passport renewal last week. Feel free to drop me an email at bearcity at hotmail dot com and I'll try to help!
Unfortunately, I can't help you with the Canadian system specifically. But having dealt with passport issues for Americans from the US government AND for foreigners trying to travel here, my suggestion is to harass the Canadian embassy here in the states. Also, call any and every politically-connected person you know back home and ask them to look into it. Calls from politicians can help!
Good luck!!
XOXO
I have a Canadian friend I used to work with, I'm gonna ask him if he knows any tricks. Good luck!
I just talked to said friend. He renewed his passport with no problem. He said he downloaded and printed out the forms, got the required photos of himself, had evreything certified/notarized and mailed in his old passport along with the $. A few weeks later he had both his old and new passport returned to him.
You didn't mention a specific problem, have you already done the above steps or are you trying to get started? I can always ask him more specific questions if it might help. He's really a great guy, he won't mind. :)
I'm so sorry you have this stress to deal with. I wish I could help but I know nothing about the Canadian passport process.
Anyway, I've tagged you. Check my blog for more information. ;)
Thanks for the advice everyone!!!
Post a Comment