Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It Starts

Well, it starts for what seems like the 5th time after all those false starts. (ok, really only 2) I took my first doubled dose of Femara tonight - CD3. And DearNurse gave me a cd to watch about using gonal-F at my cyst scan yesterday. She also is letting me come in for a follie scan on CD10 to see if I'll need the other 2 doses of gonal-F. I have to say that I was a bit shocked that he still wasn't going to see me until CD12, when all meds were completed. I mean, we're going a bit gung ho here with the increased dose and injects I've never done on top of it. Shouldn't he want to make sure I'm not over producing before continuing with the shots? I don't know.

I'm really nervous about this whole cycle. I'm nervous about what this new dose will do to me. I'm nervous about what the injects will do to me. I'm nervous that our chemical pregnancy is the only bfp we're ever going to see.

By the way, where the heck is everyone? Is it the holidays that's keeping people away?

10 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

some times i wonder what the dr's offices are trying to do to our mental state. Good for you for advocating to yourself

Barb said...

Thanks Chica. :)

Me said...

I think it is FUBAR that they aren't monitoring you more closely. (Of course, who am I?)

Barb said...

OK, That's kinda what I thought too. And since we've already established the "great minds think alike" thing, I think we're right. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb,

Wow, it sounds like you have a lot going on, good luck with the big guns. I definitely think it's odd that the RE is not a little more cautious with this new and improved cycle. I'm glad you're getting an extra check in there anyway. I hope this does the trick!

I'm right behind you...I'm cd 2

Prairie Girl said...

I often wonder why docs send us out into the world of medicines and injectables with a blind fold on. Blah doctors!

Good luck though!!

Hilary (Maya Papaya) said...

Oh those meds can be so confusing. After I'd inject myself, I almost never felt confident that I did it right.

Hang in there!

Barb said...

Thanks Stephanie! Fun times being cycle buddies! ;-) Keep me updated!

And much thanks Hilary and browneyedgirl! Nice to see you on my blog. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Just popping in to wish you all the fertility vibes in the world this month. I hope Santa leaves you something really special, just not under the tree :) We miss you on FF!

Barb said...

CLAIRE! I've missed you! Thanks for stopping by! Please tell everyone to send me an email update as they have my address and I think I only may have Chidori's!