And 2 to go! At least that's what it looks like right now. I just did my second injection of 75 IU of Gonal-F tonight. It's such a small amount to plunge in that I think it's easier than the Ovidrel. I also find it much easier in my tummy than in my thigh. Of course that may be because there is much less muscle definition in my tummy than in my thigh, but that's for another discussion.
It's been a breeze, but my first time injecting after a while is always a little nerve wracking. I'm pretty steady when I do the injection, but afterwards I'm a little quivery. I don't know if it's nerves from fear of pain or from worry that I'll do it wrong. Miss perfectionist has to get it just right!! If I don't, that's just one more way I can blame myself for a failed cycle or pregnancy. Anyone else have these thoughts/experiences?
I had my CD10 follicle scan today. They got new machines at my clinic. I can't see much on them and don't like them. To my great surprise, DearNurse validated my feelings by announcing her hatred of them as well. They're supposed to be the "latest and greatest," but the images are all shadowy and the follicles more grainy and harder to see than usual. The discussion of the machine's shortcomings prompted a hilarious mime routine by DearNurse of how awkward it is to learn how to use them by practicing on one's self or coworkers; in turn, making the patient feel less like a dildo cam guinea pig. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at an RE appointment. It was, dare I say it, almost pleasant? I don't know what I did to deserve a nurse that suits my personality so perfectly.
But I digress. The short of it is that we are cautiously optimistic about this cycle. I obviously don't respond to Femara much at all anymore. Even on the doubled dose (and with one FSH shot in me), we only have 2 that may be contenders. Miss Lefty has decided to show Miss Righty how it's done (which worries me greatly) and has produced a slightly under target 13.5mm and 11.5mm so far. I have one more Gonal-F injection tomorrow, then another ultrasound on Friday, and hopefully news of when to trigger with Ovidrel then. We need all the luck we can get, so please heap it on us!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well, i am here imagining the RE nurses practicing with eachother now,, that really makes my day! Go GO injections! Good luck on your next follie scan! all sounds like it is going very well
Wow Barb, I barely even understand half the procedures and drugs and vernacular you deal with every day in your fertility challenge...and I hope I never have to understand...
You are a stronger woman than I. All power and loads of luck to you.
You have a great outlook on all of this. Being able to laugh is definitely a good thing, particularly at the RE's office. :) Best of luck!
Hi Barb,
You make the injections sound like a snap, it really gives me hope that it won't be so bad when it's my turn.
I'm happy to hear that DearNurse is as awesome as ever. Do you think they'll keep the terrible new machines, or go back to the good ones? (Sounds like Brighthouse's new cable box's -they suck!)
I don't have much experience with injectables, other than ovidrel, but I imagine it works the same as everything else. We can always blame ourselves for not getting pregnant. But try to avoid that nasty game...
Good luck with the remaining injections and I hope you have a couple of nice fat follicles for trigger!
Grow follies, grow! Good luck with the rest of your injections and the next scan. I hope they're nice and plump by then.
hahaha Farah. Thanks!
Chips. Don't worry. Hopefully you won't have to understand since you seem to be ok. And I am not stronger than you are. You adjust by degrees. If I were thrown into this headfirst at this level, I would drown. But since you move up tiny bits at a time (especially over-cautious me), it's easier to adjust. You could do it too. Other women do much more than I with IVF and such.
Thanks Malloryn!! I agree!
Stephanie - I think they'll keep those machines. :( And if you can do ovidrel, you can definitely do gonal-f. Easy Peasy. No problem. I don't know about the rest of them since that's all I'm doing. Email me!!! :)
Thanks Jennifer!!!
Post a Comment