Thursday, December 27, 2007

Stuff

Wow everyone! Thanks so much! Disclaimer: this is not going to be a well written post. It's just a jumble of my thoughts and reactions to your comments. Sometimes you just have to have those. :)

Our Christmas was very nice. It was spent with family and lots of good food. My dear husband made me cry by remembering how much I loved watching White Christmas and buying it for me. He even bought it well in advance! That was very touching coming from hubby.

The large package my Mom lugged down actually contained 2 little beach chairs! We love them! Every time she went to the beach with us, she mentioned how we should have some. Now we do! It only took 3 years of living here, but we finally have a beach umbrella and some chairs.

And as for your comments; you all are very sweet to offer me such encouragement. I can say that it is definitely appreciated right now. This is our last shot in many ways, so there has been a lot of anxiety in this house about the outcome. I don't feel very optimistic about our chances, but I still have that hope. So I don't know what I will do when/if we get that negative. I'm finally coming out of the depression/craziness that the drugs cause, but that will surely plunge me right back in.

Allison & Farah - I'm glad (and sad) someone else has experienced that feeling! I felt a little like a freak. :) Thanks for the well wishes.

Browneyedgirl - I did my first 2 IUIs alone. I didn't like it, but it was ok. You'll be just fine. (and hopefully won't need it!)

Thanks Heather, Jennifer, Bea, Y, Hilary and Chips for all your support! It really means a lot.

CLAIRE! Please email me so I can catch up with you. I don't have any way of contacting any of you (old Buddy Group) and would love to know more! I hope things are all well with you.

See.. pretty jumbled. But it feels good to return the love. ;-)

5 comments:

Prairie Girl said...

You are very loved my dear!! :D I am hoping and praying this cycle works out for you!!!

Me said...

I know what you mean about not having much hope but, well, when it comes right down to it, someone's gotta be the statistic. It could as likely be you as any other IF'er. And if I was both a religious and a bettin' woman (which might be a bit of a moral oxymoron...) I would certainly say the odds are a little better for this go round than the others. ;-) Best of luck for a great 2008!

P.S. Yes, I'll still read your blog when you get pg!

Jen said...

Beach chairs & christmas? Wierd. But I guess it doesn't snow much in Florida!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, my American friend! We're not posting every other day, but we want to let the both of you know that we DO read your posts and of course keep our fingers crossed. We look forward to seeing you on our wedding and we hope that you'll be pregnant by then. Best wishes from my parents, they are hoping for the best too!

Thanks for your christmas card, it arrived on Christmas Eve, I couldn't believe how you managed that! We had a great Christmas, and we talked about yours...!

Lots of love and patience and courage! Hope to hear from you soon..!

R & A, The Netherlands

Barb said...

Thanks browneyedgirl!! You're very sweet.

Y - You're sweet too. :) Thanks for the encouragement and the support. Maybe you can read my blog as we go through adoption too! Whichever comes first!

Jennifer - Yup. It was in the mid 80's the other day.

R&A -
I can't believe the card made it for Christmas Eve! That's so funny! I didn't even think it would make it before New Year!! Thanks lady!