Whew! I'm finished with the first part of my new cycle! I took my last two Femara pills last night. I have to say that Femara is still nothing like clomid. However, I had a few of those infamous Femara headaches, and was exhausted from it. I would become exhausted about an hour after taking it and then it would ease up right around the time the next dose was due again. So I'm glad that's over!
I now have to gear up for my first Gonal-F injection tomorrow night. DearNurse has informed me that it may make me feel a trifle moody and unbalanced. Great news for the hubster and my co-workers. I also have my first follie scan (at my urging) on Wednesday, which will be cycle day 10.
I have to admit that I am not overly optimistic about our chances of conceiving or keeping a healthy pregnancy. But we have to try. If this doesn't work, we probably have a few more years ahead of us as we'd have to save money for more treatments, adoption, or hope that I spontaneously ovulate and by some miracle we hit the mark.
To combat some of the worry, I've taken up knitting again with a vengeance. Knitting, horseback riding and hiking are the only activities that soothe me during my most tense moments. I'll take some photos of the finished products and post them here. Note that it's been a while since I've picked up the needles, so I'm not totally happy with my efforts, but then again, I am the very definition of perfectionist.
Monday, December 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
KNITTING - i desparately want to learn how. I am a visual learner and the book i bought as not much help. I am trying to take a class at jo anns in january.
Good luck with the injections. I thought the injections were MUCH easier on my moods than the clomid/femara were. Hoping for great u/s results on wednesday!
"trifle moody and unbalanced"
Wonder if the nurse was being euphamistic? ;-)
I would love to see the things on which you expend your creative energies!
I LOVE knitting! It's a great way to calm your mind down when its running wild with crazy baby-making thoughts. And the feel of the yarn is so soothing!
Oh and I hadn't heard about Femara headaches. I start Femara next cycle after a less than spectacular run with clomid. Clomid headaches weren't fun either.
Yoda - That was ME being euphamistic. ;-) hehehe.
Thanks Farah! I want to take a class too just to get better!
Nice to see you Jennifer! I checked out your blogs. Way cool!
Post a Comment