Since a few of you have never seen one... They come with rice cookers (which everyone should have in my opinion). This one is my favorite as it's a heavier duty one bought at Target.
Enjoy my late 70s early 80s era counters. Someday.
Enjoy my late 70s early 80s era counters. Someday.
4 comments:
I think I do need to get a rice cooker.
IKEA sells them. That is where I got mine.
My dad's side of the family is Japanese, so we grew up with rice cooked exclusively in rice cookers (I seriously have no idea how to cook rice any other way) and had three or four rice spatulas in the house all the time. My current favorite is plastic too, but the wood/bamboo ones are pretty awesome. And on a random, no-one-probably-cares note, we call ours a rice paddle or a shomoji, which is the Japanese word for it.
Yes Jen! And ikea is wonderful.
Hi Kate! My husband is Filipino/Chinese, but I've never heard a Tagalog word for it. His family converted all of mine into rice cooker owners (good ones!) It was hard to find good ones in our rural area years ago. We had to buy my moms at a Chinese grocery near Hubs home! And cooking it on stovetop is hard! That's why people who didn't know any better used minute rice! Haha.
Post a Comment