OK, so I had lots of cranberries left over from Thanksgiving since they had a big sale at the grocery. I love making cranberry sauce. My favorite recipe can be found here on the Pioneer Woman's site.
So basically what I did is to substitute agave nectar for her maple syrup. I think the dark or amber agave works better in this instance... more flavor. I find the light agave better for basic flavoring in teas etc. To make the roast, I threw all those ingredients for cranberry sauce, about a cup of water, a few Tablespoons of soy sauce, black pepper to taste, and a few pinches of Italian seasoning in a crock pot along with a sirloin tip roast. Then I turned it on low for 8 hours. The end.
My husband and my guest pronounced it scrumptious, so I say it was good! You can add some corn starch and put it on high at the end to make a thicker gravy, but I didn't bother. (I'm too lazy.) I just used the plain old broth for our No Yolks noodles. I added some whole green beans and sweet potato souffle, and life was good.
So basically what I did is to substitute agave nectar for her maple syrup. I think the dark or amber agave works better in this instance... more flavor. I find the light agave better for basic flavoring in teas etc. To make the roast, I threw all those ingredients for cranberry sauce, about a cup of water, a few Tablespoons of soy sauce, black pepper to taste, and a few pinches of Italian seasoning in a crock pot along with a sirloin tip roast. Then I turned it on low for 8 hours. The end.
My husband and my guest pronounced it scrumptious, so I say it was good! You can add some corn starch and put it on high at the end to make a thicker gravy, but I didn't bother. (I'm too lazy.) I just used the plain old broth for our No Yolks noodles. I added some whole green beans and sweet potato souffle, and life was good.
1 comment:
Sounds yummy!
Post a Comment