Saturday, October 9, 2010

Older but Younger

Happy 33rd Birthday (a few days late) to me! I have to say that though I feel physically decrepit half the time, I actually don't feel as old mentally as I did. I feel more mature, but now I don't feel so old because that advanced maternal age label isn't hanging over my head. You may be thinking, "But what about when you have your second child?" Oh but that probably won't be an issue. More on that particular matter in another post to come.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy, happy birthday!!

I'm a little over half way through my 33rd year and it hasn't been bad. I hope your 33rd year is good to you!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy birthday (a few days late)! We should have cake.

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday!

You are young. ::sigh:: At least, you will always be three years and two days younger than I.

Oh, and that "advanced maternal age" stuff? If you read "the literature" (for whatever that is worth), They (note the capital T) basically acknowledge that they picked 35 because it is a nice round number. Statistically, the age at which complications of pregnancy (of all sorts, from a sharp decrease in fertility to a sharp rise in chromosomal problems, etc.) increases dramatically is actually more like 38. I guess that They thought it would be better to be conservative and round down to 35, rather than up to 40. Because we can only remember multiples of 5.

Chelle said...

Happy birthday! We're not that old yet. ;)

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful!

Barb said...

Thanks ladies!

Very interesting Rebecca. Yeah.. I think we could handle fixating on 38. ;-)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday!

Soapchick said...

Happy Birthday Barb. I don't know why, but I didn't have your blog in my google reader. It's been added back! Hope you had a great birthday!

Barb said...

Thanks SC! I didn't have yours either! Nice to see you again!