Saturday, November 28, 2009

Things I Don't Want to Forget About My Pregnancy

1. The babybutt doesn't seem to like the shower spray hitting my belly. He always scoots backward and/or squirms when it hits the top of where his feet rest.

2. The hiccups started very faintly. They were so faint I could barely tell what they were. Now I can actually see them. They happen at least once a day.

3. Amidst all the awesomeness, pregnancy is very hard, tiring and sometimes painful work. I will always remember that for other women.

4. It's so cute when I can tell the body part that's sticking out.

5. He reacts now when I touch different body parts sticking out of my belly.

6. Hub asks several times a day, "How's the baby?" and really cares about the answer.

7. Hub tells me I'm precious, beautiful and awesome at least once a day.

8. The changes in my body are absolutely fascinating.

9. I was in love with the idea of my baby before the 20 week ultrasound. After that ultrasound, I fell irrevocably in love WITH my baby. The intensity of it scares me a little bit.

5 comments:

Michele said...

#9: just wait. Once that baby is on the outside, the intensity gets worst. It goes from being madly in love with them to knowing you would lay down your life in a split second if it meant sparing them even a milisecond of pain or hurt.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Good list. I like it. :)

Barb said...

Oh my Michele. Intimidating!

Thanks Jen. :)

Jamie said...

It makes me miss being pregnant!

Michele is right. Now when I hear bad stories on the news, I get this mother bear protectiveness feeling that is almost scary.

seussgirl said...

So sweet - go hub! :)
You'll appreciate this list later when you begin to forget the feelings of this time in lieu of the new and wonderful feelings you'll have as Mom!