Thursday, November 26, 2009

Feeling All Smooshy

Happy Thanksgiving to all the American bloggers out there. Hub and I are enjoying a really lovely, relaxing holiday together. My pumpkin and pecan chocolate pies are cooling, and now it's time to work on the main course.

I am all emotional and weepy about just about everything - in a good way. Christmas music, my pets, the thought of Babybutt's imminent arrival, a friendly gesture; they're all making me weepy. I think today I'm just really cognizant of for how much we have to be thankful. One of those things is that Hub and I have now been together for 12 years. As he said this morning, "We really are very lucky huh?" And that's exactly how I feel. A lot of luck has come our way bringing lots of beauty and joy.

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Yes, you are both very lucky to know me. ;)

Michele said...

mmm... pecan pie... being a southern girl by birth, I love to make a good pecan pie!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

This post made me smile :-)

Barb said...

You too Chelle. :)

Yes Jen. That is exactly what we gave thanks for before our meal today. ;-)

Michele - this was my first time! It turned out pretty good!

Yay LG. :)

Jamie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Barb! Yes, we do have so much to be thankful for. I'm a little weepy over it myself!