Sunday, November 15, 2009

Allergy Help

Hub's allergies are generally bad, and sometimes they're horrible. It's awful that I can do nothing to help. We're going to try to get help from the doctor, but speak to me about YOUR experiences. He seems to be allergic mainly to dust, certain animals and plant life. Yeah, so just about everything that's around you all the time. Can they do the blood test for those allergies? Are there shots that help? Anything else that eases things? And when I say they're bad, I mean severe. Thanks. We both pray the babybutt avoids this crap. I have NOTHING, so hopefully he'll get my genes.

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Okay, I've got a GREAT plan: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-07/14/xin_5007021414278622885216.jpg

Kristin said...

Yes, they can do blood tests for those types of allergies. My hubby has multiple allergies including dust and some pollens. The shots he gets are a necessity to his existence. Without the shots, the post-nasal drip was so bad it made him sick. If your hubby's allergies are that bad, I would get a referral to an allergy doc.

Chelle said...

One of my coworkers gets allergy shots every month. It might be worth looking into.

Jamie said...

My Hubby has terrible allergies as well. I think ragweed is his worst, but anything can get him fired up.

He REFUSES to get any shots, so he's never had any kind of testing done but our PCP started him on Allegra and Nasonex. It doesn't make the allergies go away, but they do help. Last month, our doc gave him a nasal spray called Astepro that he only uses when needed and not everyday. Hubby says it makes a big difference but has a nasty after taste so he really has to be struggling to use it.

I hate, hate, hate sitting around listening to Hubby sneeze and be stuffy for hours on end. I hate not being able to do anything to help!