Monday, May 18, 2009

Your Two Cents?


Take a look at this. This. This chart here is exactly why I'm pretty sure I'm 5 wks and not 6 wks 6 days. There is that one other time, but really, how likely is THAT? Thoughts?

11 comments:

calliope said...

hmmmm....I always sucked at charting- but you do have a clear pre O dip.

so I guess this means it is twins.

calliope said...

or that you sat on a dirty toilet seat some where

calliope said...

or you are carrying Jesus part II

Jen said...

Based on the chart alone, I'd have to agree with you. But a u/s shouldn't be that far off this early. Maybe you are measuring ahead, but either way I think things look good!

Barb said...

hahaha. Thanks Cali. Thanks Jen.

The thing that kills me too is that she said I was .84 cm, and that that measured almost 7 wks. However, one of my books says that at 5 wks, the baby should be around 1cm. :/

Kristin and Christa said...

Early ultrasounds are almost always 100% accurate when corresponding size with duration of pregnancy. The normal variations in size do not show up until later on.

Also, it is possible (although unlikely) to ovulate more than once in a single cycle. Maybe that's what happened.

Or, after reading your comment in the comments section, maybe the tech screwed up her dates.

Leslee said...

Oh, gestational math. I think they came up with 40 weeks just to confuse people. If you ovulated on April 13, that was 36 days ago (5 weeks 1 day ago), plus the first two weeks of your gestation cycle (it's 2 weeks no matter when you ovulated) would bring you up to the 7 weeks mark.

Congratulations!!!

Leslee
babyattheend

Muriah said...

They are saying you are 6w 6days because of your LMP is what they are going by, which all doctors go by since most people don't know then they actually ovulated. Which I have to agree with your chart about ovulation date.

Chelle said...

I would be all over taking the 6 weeks 6 days over the 5 weeks. I was technically a week behind where my baby measured, but I took what the doctor said and ran with it because it made me feel better. I know exactly how far along I was because I know exactly what day I ovulated in my cycle. I say chuck the chart and make yourself feel better about your progress. :)

Chelle said...

In reading the other comments I remembered that they do add the two weeks. So yeah, they are correct about your progress. I forgot about the 2 week rule.

Steph said...

Yup, your both right. They always tack on two weeks for the gest age.