Today, I have two doctor's appointments, an appointment with the a/c repairman (again), and I am supposed to be rescheduling a hair appointment since I'm unhappy with the cut. I think the hair may lose. I just came back from the first doctor visit. It was actually just a history with the nurse, but I found out that I've gained four pounds. I thought I had been seeing a little more of a bubble below my belly button. And my tummy sure thought so too by how it was violently reacting to being restricted by my pants despite my efforts at increasing my sizes.
So when you combine that with the bloat, this is what you get:

So am I way too early for this stuff? I guess the answer doesn't matter since I'm already there. These jeans are the ones that just two months ago I could pull on and off my hips without unbuttoning. This beginning stuff all feels eerily similar to when my body was changing during puberty, and I had no idea whether I was getting fat, how I was supposed to look and if it was all normal. At least so far I haven't hit the skin breakout! I imagine now that I said it, it's only around the corner. ;-)
11 comments:
Mine did it too! I was practically showing at eight weeks. (I will look for my pictures for you.) Get a bella band (Elizabeth is currently using mine for swaddling or I'd loan you mine) or just skip right to the maternity pants. Because, whoa, are those comfortable! I still consider wearing them.
i am an early shower (esp with twins). i say go buy some maternity pants and enjoy! And I agree- belly bands rock!
Wow it must feel really real now! Sounds like a new wardrobe is in order.
I started showing quickly too. I was in maternity pants and bella bands strictly by 12 weeks.
I highly recommend the Secret Fit belly pants at Motherhood. I wore those through all 3 trimesters. Awesome.
I just had to say that my word verification was belly. No joke! I think that is the strangest coincidence I've witnessed. LOL
Yay for the bubble belly! I was out of my normal pants by the time I was 10 weeks. I seriously was already into the maternity pants with the 3" elastic band. My advice: give in! I painfully put up with pants digging into my gut until I hit 10 weeks and then I wondered why I waited. They not only felt so much more comforable, they were a God send when I had to pee every hour like I hadn't peed all day long. Just pull down and go! No pee pee dancing while trying to unbutton and unzip... I miss maternity pants.
I out grew zippered pants around 9 weeks. Now I'm outgrowing my size small maternity pants at 16 weeks!
You guys have the best advice. (Jen you were right to tap the internets! haha) Thanks tons.
Liz - It does seem a little more real now... but just a little. I think I should be solid by month 3. :)
Love the belly verification Kristin. Too much. Mine was once Taina. I couldn't get over that one.
Uh, I'm like that from the IVF bloat. Literally. I honestly, seriously LOOK pregnant. But I'm not. So... I say, since you are, go for it and don't worry about it!
yes a bella band!
It's a strange place to be - when you think your belly is so big and people look at you and exclaim, "You're so tiny!"
I have been blessed by two amazing things during this pregnancy - a clear complexion and the hair on my legs has stopped growing. Very strange, but I'm not complaining! The skin breakout might not be around the corner . . .
I had to smile at your previous post about how much you love Florida. Hubby & I went to Key West in January and had the best time. Then we came home and found out I was pregnant. Florida will always hold a special place in my heart.
Post a Comment