Thursday, May 14, 2009

Belly Aches

I'm slowly starting to get the hang of this morning (or in my case all day) nausea. I'm finding what works and doesn't work. The problem is - the rules change every few days or so, and I'm left scrambling to figure it out again. I think I've got the whole don't get too full, don't get too hungry rule down though. That one seems to be a constant... especially the hungry. The biggest problem is, I'm finding I have to juggle what my Metformin belly will tolerate and what my hormone belly will tolerate. Sometimes I can appease one and not the other.

If anyone else who has been in this situation has any advice, I welcome all and any. Nausea is a good thing right? Just a few days until the first ultrasound and I vacillate between assurance and terror.

10 comments:

Christina said...

Nausea is a good thing, even though it doesn't feel like it. I had all day nausea too. I ate crackers, ritz or saltines, with peanut butter. I always had some on hand to snack on. The peanut butter will keep you fuller longer.

AwkwardMoments said...

Yes nausea is a very good thing. I keep telling myself that also.

Peanut butter is not a bad suggestion. I have found that what cures nausea for some, Makes it worse for others. Snack all day instead of eating meals. THat helps with the not too full not too hungry situation.

Holding your hand a few miles down the road!

seussgirl said...

I wish I had some advice for you, but I never found anything that worked consistently. Except time. :)
And this time around, I had to avoid too much dairy.

I hope you find relief soon!

Kathy V said...

well I wasn't on metformin or anything so i don't know how good my advice will be. I liked sucking on citrus candies (all day long.) The preggie pops are good but the vitamin c citrus candies are a good substitute. You can probably pick them up at any drug store usually in the cough drop aisle.

hope that helps. But nausea is a good thing.

Steph said...

Yay for nausea!

I only got far enough to get a taste of nausea, but the last week all I could eat was wheat thin type crackers, colbyjack cheese, and bananas. Nothing else. They were all I wanted. Talk about being backed up, ugh. ;)

Stephanie said...

Sorry you're not always feeling well, hope you find the perfect balance soon.

Jen said...

I had no nausea (yes I was that lucky preggo) so no good advice I'm afraid. I think it is a good sign though. I'm keeping everything crossed for the u/s!!!

Jamie said...

Yes - nausea is a great thing!!

My miracle foods were peanut butter, apple sauce and cheese on a tortilla. My nausea didn't last long, thank goodness. The funny thing is I don't think I've had a drop of peanut butter since.

KayBee said...

Crackers were the worst for me (they're VERY dry coming back up!) Mashed potatoes and gravy were the only things I kept down consistently, but I know our situations are very different! Hope it subsides soon! Have you tried ginger? Sometimes just the smell of fresh ginger helps.

Barb said...

Thanks everyone!

WB - your food sounds YUMMY to me. Although today isn't a horrible day so... and I'm dealing with the backed up stuff too. UGH.

KayBee - Mashed potatoes and gravy for me too. MMMmmm. Potatoes have been a blessing.