Monday, March 16, 2009
Tired and Loopy but Still Full of Happy
- We saw the launch! It was awesome! Yes we just got back around 1am. The traffic was NOT awesome. I will post photos and video when I find that !$#^%^ cable. (can you sense my anxiety?) Until then, let this tide you over. This was shot in the same park where we watched the launch, so it's exactly what we saw. The only difference is that we could see more detail in person than would show up on the camera. The cameras seemed to just catch all the light, whereas we could see the shape of the fire tail, the boosters etc. TOO cool. We could also hear a crackly rumble - almost how the wind sounds against a microphone.
- Salad is no longer off the menu! I have been chowing like a rabbit ever since I discovered this gem. Oooooooooh a whole world has reopened to my waiting gullet.
- AF has moved in, but I only had one day of the kick-me-in-the-shins-so-it-hurts-less cramps, and very little of the hormone crazies! I was just a little morose for a day or so, and then it was over! Gosh. All this is starting to make me believe in a balanced universe after all.
Labels:
happy times
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I would love to see a launch. One of my friends actually saw a launch from the air (her plane had just taken off).
Glad to here you got your salads back.
We say the shuttle here too. I was in awe. I could see the shape too. But wold have LOVED to hear the roaring take-off. I will post my picture of whatwe saw - it was just the trail because when I watched it launched, I forgot the camera - DUH.
I am glad AF/Met are being kind to you.
Darn, now I am even more annoyed that I missed it.
Hooray! Let's go out for lunch and eat salads!
That's so awesome, Barb, I'm a little jealou ;).
I can't believe it, but I forgot to even go outside and watch. I wanted to do what you did and drive over, but we were too busy.
The salad thing is awesome, I'm so happy you can enjoy them again.
so glad the salads are still being good to you. You were cracking my shit UP chowing down on one last week. I saw the orange smoke of the shuttle, but nothing else. Can't wait to see YOUR footage!
I would love, love, love to see a launch someday. I have been trying to talk Hubby into taking me to tour the space center in Houston this summer.
Did you ever see an old movie called Spacecamp? Yup - I've always wished that was me.
You're so lucky to be that close - all we saw was a very faint glow, but still cool! Arty says he has an extra cable we can send you if you can't find yours!
I have one day of the "kick-me-in-the-shins-so-it-hurts-less cramps" too. I was using one vicodin per cycle until I ran out. :/
Post a Comment