Thursday, March 26, 2009

Anxious

Hey. Just thought you should know that I hate my follicular phase. In my luteal phase, I have more confidence, a brighter complexion, and things are just better all around. But during my follicular, or non-follicular phase as the case may be, my skin breaks out more, my tummy is less enthused about Metformin, I don't sleep as well and am more fatigued, and lovely of lovelies, I'm more anxious. Anxious is always great during times of great change isn't it?

I just changed teams, so that's hard. I miss some of my coworkers and what I did there almost as if I've left my home. But it's getting more ok by the day. It would just be easier if I was in my confident, progesterone laden time. On top of that, what we knew was coming finally did. My company finally got to our department as far as lay-offs are concerned. Some pretty great people won't be coming back to work for us any time soon. Some of the lay-offs at least made some logistical sense - others - not so much. Some people I know will be fine. Others - I'm just hoping they had a back-up plan. We don't know because it was so sudden. No goodbyes.

I'm worried about Hub's job too. His boss seems confident that their company will be fine. I'm not so sure they won't feel delayed effects in the next few months. If something happens to his job, we're toast.

Ack. I love being a nervous nellie. The best part of it is that since this is FCiF we're talkin' about, I have probably another few weeks to look forward to this stuff. Aren't everyone's follicular phases a month long? No? Hmm. Must just be me.

11 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I feel ya on the symptoms. They SUCK!

I am sorry

Stephanie said...

Oh Barb, I'm sorry that the hormones aren't being good to you. Hopefully it won't be whole month, maybe just 14 days?!

Good luck with the job transition, hopefully things will calm down soon and you'll get in a groove.

Mommy Shoes said...

Layoffs are so hard. As for your follicular phase, wonder if it's the estrogen that just doesn't work well for you and the progesterone post-ovulation works well with your system. I hope you don't have to wait a whole month for that O.

Kristin said...

It sucks that the shake up at work corresponded with the rough time in your cycle. {{{Hugs}}}

seussgirl said...

Ugh - aren't "surprise" layoffs the worst? My husband watched several co-workers have to pack up their desks after being laid off in the middle of a day (and having had their network/internet access cut off - so no goodbyes to branch offices). He immediately started bringing home a box a night until he only has a monitor and a few things to bring home should he be next. Just one trip to the car for him, not several! (of course the same is true should he choose to quit first, but that's another story).
Sorry about your anxiety!

KayBee said...

I'm sending you mental hugs!

Anonymous said...

dude- your cycle needs a bitch slap!
also hate that there is so much tense work chaos out in the universe for so many. it sucks.
as for the new job stuff- TOTALLY can't wait to hear how awesome you are there. because you are.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Don't worry, if either of you gets laid off, you will both just come live with me.

Jamie said...

Ugh - I'm so sorry. Even when the nervous nellies are hormonal in orgin, it doesn't make it any easier.

Thinking of you . . .

Chelle said...

That all totally blows. Apparently my company has started the surprise layoffs too. Good times! Who doesn't love knowing if you will still have a job in the morning?

I'm praying you have a great cycle and you keep your job!

Barb said...

That would be awesome Stephanie! Alas, we are now on CD 17 with no fertile signs in sight.

Mommy shoes - Absolutely I think that's what it is. I always feel better when there's progesterone in my system. And the longer I go without an O, the worse I feel.

Thanks Kristin and Farah.

Aw SG. That's so crappy. I'll be thinking my best for your hubby.

hahaha Cali - I plan to be!

Jen, you really want my hub living in your house huh? ;)

Thanks Jamie!

Aw Chelle - so sorry. Hang in there!

Just so you all know, they say my particular position is very safe, and they know of no other lay-offs coming down the line. Let's hope that's true. My company also gives severance, so if it was me, at least we'd have that. Hub is the one we really need to worry about since he now brings in the bulk of the income. argh.