I'm sorry to those of you who do not feel the joy I feel at this moment. I wish we could always share joy together. I hope you can find some peace with the inauguration of Barack Obama, and can find something in his administration with which you are comfortable.
However, I cannot hold in my joy. The music was beautiful, the poetry inspired, and when the President-elect took the oath and became the President, I could only clap loudly and grin from ear to ear in the emptiness of my living room. I won't lie, the tears welled, my heart leapt. The speech was inspired. Hell, just seeing DC and military personnel is enough to make my heart swell in my chest with country love. I miss DC very much. When he spoke of people who had given their lives to the service of their country, I ached with the memories and pride of my Grandfather. I think he would be proud of our country right now even if he didn't agree 100% with the election.
I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my heart... not because I didn't want Republican control of the U.S. for 8 years, but because in so many ways I dismayed at the direction of our collective decisions. This is my moment of hope.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I second that!
I totally thought of you this morning & KNEW that you would be grinning like me! woo hooooo!!
I just feel so inspired. And finally a speech that wasn't terrorists this and terrorists that.
Oh, I agree! I couldn't talk to Hubby about it without getting choked up.
We didn't get to go to South Beach on this trip but we did go there four years ago. I had the BEST night out at The Clevelander.
Key West was nothing like I imagined it! The funny thing is, I am not sure what I expected to be honest. It was so unique and had it's own attitude. Quaint is a good word. It sort of reminded me of New Orleans only cleaner. Don't get me wrong - I loved NO but I have only been there for the Sugar Bowl and Mardi Gras and there was a LOT of stink.
I can definitely see us visiting Key West again!!
I thought that everything was very well done. I watched it all day long.
:)
i agree with you! I was at the innauguration yesterday. Despite the cold and the mayhem. It was an experience that I would definetly do all over again.
Just completely thrilled here by the beginning of the Obama presidency - happy and hopeful.
YAH!
i am so with you. although i will admit that i did NOT want republican control in any way whatsoever.
DH worked from home and we literally watched TV coverage from 9:30am through 5:30pm. we just couldn't stop. i have never felt so energized or relieved or hopeful at the same time. and we, too, missed living and working in DC!!! i liked it during clinton's administrations, i moved a couple of years into bush's first administration, and now i long to work for obama!!
Well said! I couldn't agree more, I feel like a weight has been lifted.
Post a Comment