This Fun Food Friday is truly fun. At first glance, it seems bad. However, if you factor in that it saves me from a lot of sugar and chocolate gluttony, it's very very good.
Today's food is Hershey's Special Dark Cranberry, Blueberry and Almond Chocolate Bar. I am a for real and true chocoholic. I can't survive without it for long. As you can imagine, this proves to be quite a problem for someone who isn't supposed to be noshing on any sugar at all. One of my solutions is to get these scrumptious bars and keep them in the refrigerator. For some reason, a smaller amount satisfies me more when it's cold. I break off half a square each day and savor the decadence of dark chocolate and crunchy almonds with the delightful contrast of tart-sweet dried cranberries and blueberries. It's just the right mix to help me resist the allure of more dangerous sweets. Plus, you can always fool yourself by saying that the dark chocolate has TONS of antioxidants as do the berries, and almonds are loaded with vitamin E and other goodies.
As always, if you want to participate click here. (Perhaps I should give up the ghost on that line?)
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hey, didn't I put up something healthy for you last Friday? Or the one before that, I can't remember? If I remain organized enough, I may have something for tomorrow too.
But, yum, chocolate! I love chocolate. Dark chocolate isn't that great though, but with the fruit and almonds in it, it sounds excellent.
I agree about chilling dark chocolate, though my favorite has either ginger in it or cherries and chilles - yes chilles - which I would not have thought enriched chocolate until recently. Good luck with your lower sugar efforts
I was going to post something today, but I'm out of town, so I'll just list in my comment:
My "food" for today is Fortune's tea - especially their "Blueberry Vanilla." Mmm...I think they even have it in decaf! I also like the Peach Apricot, but the blueberry is my favorite.
And your chocolate bar sounds delightful!
If you ever come visit me, we can go to chocolate world together. :)
Sorry, no low sugar finds (except SF raspberry jello which is heavenly). Just wanted to let you know I got your message and I can't get into LP either. When I hadn't heard from you, I figured it was b/c LP was down and you couldn't get to my #. Are you on facebook?
I love the whole chocolate food group, but dark chocolate is my weakness. It's all about the flavinoids.... yeah that's it, the flavinoids! :)
http://www.webmd.com/news/20040601/dark-chocolate-day-keeps-doctor-away
Yum-chocoholic also, right here. I have been getting into some pricey stuff lately and making a habit of it. Ritter Sport and Godiva are always good - recent discovery was the pound bar of holy goodness at Trader Joe's and it was the same $ as Ritter sport.
I tagged you, btw - go check out my blog.
SS - I agree. those shocking tastes can be quite good to dark chocolate. mmmm.
That sounds delicious SG!! And it's a date. :)
LOVE Ritter Sport Kara! Got it super cheap in Germany. Mmmm.
Malloryn - Thanks for the link!
Allison - SF?
That is my all time favorite dark chocolate bar...yum.
Post a Comment