Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Birthday Burblings

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I have to say, Babychaser's cracked me up. I got Sleeping Beauty on DVD. Oh what I wouldn't give for one of Eyvind Earle's prints. His art makes me all squooshy inside. It makes me dream and sigh. Why does he have to be so darn popular, expensive and very unavailable to create more art??

I also got some other darling presents in which I will be prancing all around since it's been ages since I bought new wearables for myself. (The flowered bikini bottom doesn't count since I can't wear that to lunch.) Hub and I frolicked at a food festival as well. My other present from him was to go birding at a particularly gorgeous beach where I saw my first American oystercatchers and saw a black skimmer fishing for the first time. I could have walked that beach for hours it was so otherworldly gorgeous.

I'm also sick of myself. I'm not sleeping well. Aches and pains are sprouting up all over... all the things that happen as a cycle goes on too long. I gave in. I popped my first Provera this cycle. (Isn't it odd to call it a "cycle" when nothing's actually happening?)

9 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm glad that you had a nice birthday! You deserved one! I can't wait to see some of your fancy new clothes!

Me said...

I know the aches and pains of which you speak. For me, they start to set in sometime shortly after CD45. Its funny, I remember the summer of 2006 I felt similarly in around CD40. It's like my body has some how gotten habituated to the long cycles so it takes longer for me to notice the craptasticness. That's FUBAR. Total horse dung. :/

Liz said...

Good point about the cycles. I see then as those square wheeled cycles clowns have, lots of stopping and starting.

Kristin said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday.

I haven't ever seen Eyvind Earle's work before. Wow...GORGEOUS!

I hope this cycle wraps up and you can start feeling better.

seussgirl said...

happy belated birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Malloryn said...

I'm glad that you had a good birthday, and yay for the new wearables! Being able to go birding at that beach sounds awesome. Barb, to further prove that you and I are long lost twins... for my thesis project at university, I did a project on the biodiversity of birds at a bunch of feeders set up in my backyard. I love bird watching :)

I really hope that you're feeling better soon. Wacky cycles just suck!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday, Barb! Gotta love new wearables . . . enjoy yourself!

Barb said...

well said, "me."

thanks Jen!

hahaha WFI

Kristin - I'm glad you agree with me. :) You have fab taste. ;-)

Thanks SG and Jamie!

Way cool Malloryn. Birds (and all animals really) freakin' rock! I agree that we would probably get a long quite well. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am new here but I found you through my sil Maresi and I have no idea if you have read this book or not but: Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health (Revised Edition) by Toni Weschler ..is a fabulous book. My cycles are always weird and I also had some other medical stuff to deal with but I got pregnant rather quickly after reading this and figuring out my own body. If you have..great..it is a fasinating book...if not check it out! Best of lucky to you in everything you do!