Thursday, July 3, 2008

Whirlwind

This coming week I head up to see my Grandfather's burial in Arlington National Cemetery. I'm sure it will be emotional enough that it will prompt some deep posts. Either that, or I'll find it too overwhelming to post anything. We shall see.

I hope there aren't too many questions about why we don't have babies. Many of the people who will be there know the story, so maybe that won't be the case. All attention should be on recent additions to the family anyway. Hubs and I are moving closer to some ideas on what we're trying next. I think we've both agreed that there will be more trying. This current cycle doesn't seem to be the best either, so that's dimming our hope of my cycles fixing themselves and us having a wonderful "surprise." When will we ever learn eh?

Our dear friends have made it safely back across the ocean. We miss them, and they're already planning to come back when it's not so hot. (Hot in Florida? Never. ;) They are such knowledgeable and interesting people. It's so nice to discuss life with them. They have faced some of what we have with concern over possible inability to have biological children. They really do get it. It's always somewhat healing to talk to another woman about that subject and see in her eyes that she's felt the same pain you have. It's a bonding experience I wish we never shared, but it does bring you closer.

I've been popping in here and there to check in on you all. It's hard to keep up right now. Bear with me. I even have other ideas for posts, but they swirl around in my head and don't get written because of the whirlwind that is my current existence.

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

It's the summer - enjoy it. Meeting and talking with friends and fresh air is very therapeutic. I will summerize my updates - We are trucking along in this thing called life, learning as we go.

I will be thinking of your family and the other military families on this day.

Jamie said...

I am soooo glad I am not the only one. Sometimes when I am lying in bed at night on the verge of sleep, I will have all these GREAT ideas swirling around in my head. Then, when I get up the next morning they are gone.

I am sorry you have to see your grandfather buried, but what an honor to be buried in Arlington. I hope the memorial service is beautiful.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wait, who says it is hot here?

You can always answer with sarcastic answers about why you don't have babies. My favorite is "we'd rather buy a boat."

Victoria said...

Barb - I do hope your grandfather's burial inspires writing, whether you post it here or not...at least for me better to write when overwhelmed than not ot.

On the "why don't you have babies?" issue, I hop ehtey don't ask much too, but I'm thinking back to the way Ruth and Chris answered that question for five or more years and realizing what a good answer it was. They both said straight up. "We want babies more than anything. We're having fertility issues that we are working hard to solve.{ Nobody seemed to push and the clarity seemed good for all. I don't think I would have thougth to be that clear and direct myself, so I'm just passing on her answer.

Your nature pics are beautiful. We've hiked state parks in Florida and seen rattlesnakes there as well as in Texas.

Kathy V said...

Getting together with friends is always nice. I also know what you mean about talking to a woman who understands. While "talking" to the internet is great, I was really glad the first time I met someone irl who had been through some of it. It was nice to talk and felt like you weren't alone. It was nice to just air out the emotions and feelings and know that whatever you said, there was an understanding.