I started spotting a tiny bit a few days ago. I chalked it up to irritation from the Prometrium suppositories and went on my way. After all, my luteal phase has never been under 14 days, so why worry?
Then, yesterday I had a gush of blood at a little more than a week past ovulation. That worried me a bit, but I managed to convince myself it was still just irritation or a clot or something. DearNurse agreed to have my progesterone level drawn though. Then last night.. full on period. It woke me at 1:30am. It's only gotten worse throughout the day. When the clinic called with my progesterone draw results, they were borderline.. meaning it was probably only the supplements that were being picked up and none of my own progesterone. This leads me to believe I didn't ovulate at all, especially since I didn't get the typical post ovulation feelings or patterns. And this pisses me off! I wasted my last insurance covered IUI on something with zero possibility of success!!! That's where the anger comes in. The bad thing is that now it's anger mingled with depression and HOOOO-WEE, that's just asking for some serious ass kicking mania from yours truly. This does not mingle well with the workplace. I was hanging on by my fingernails by the end of the day.
I talked to the clinic about what all could have gone so wrong. I mean, I go from responding really well to the lowest dose of clomid (though I hate it) and femara 7 times, then nothing for two, and no ovulation with a doubled dose of femara, 5 fsh shots and a trigger!! However, they only seem to want to focus on "what treatment next," and not, "great bouncing follicles, how in the heck did this happen?" I would like to focus on number 2. Them - not so much.
I have a "Thank you for your time, but we have no more money" wrap up appointment scheduled to see if I can get some answers, but I don't know if I'll go. I plan to reevaluate, recenter, and investigate all our options thoroughly (including adoption.) More on that later. In the meantime, I knew it would be bad, but this unexpected wrench has twisted up my head and heart into aching knots. Sometimes I feel as if I am one toe from going over the edge, and other times everything solidifies into sharp solid rock deep in my core. I'm not sure which is worse.
Aren't you glad I posted this missive full of sunshine and rainbows? I'm just being a frank realist, I promise. (a depressed, frank, realist, but who's perfect?) My peaceful side will return in bits and pieces soon I'm sure.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh Barb, that sucks and there aren't enough choice adjectives to describe just how much. I'm so sorry.
I have fantasies of your clinic taking responsibility for messing up this round and giving you a round on the house...not likely though, right?
I'm so sorry.
I'm so sorry Hun!!! (((Barb))) You're in my thoughts!!!
Damn. Barb, I am so sorry. I swear we are all going to go bald from tearing our hair out.
keep in mind, my last cycle on injectibles my progesterone was borderline they told mei didn't ovulate either - and I got a bfp. There are a few things i learned from that
1- i got have ovulated later than they thought so the cd21 blood draw was wrong, I was told that if we wouold have done a cd25 there may have been a different outcome anda p4 that indicated ovulation
2- PIO (progesterone in oil) is supposed to carry a higher probablity if you do not do good with hte suppossitories. We found that I get the progesterone better on prometrium and taking them orally (not vaginally like is supposed to be better)
3- THAT BLOWS MONKEY CHUNKS - Barb I am so so so soso sorry that you are being put through this crappy journey. Hugs to you
I am sorry that it didn't work out this cycle. It always seems like such a bummer when something goes wrong or you miss an opportunity. The last cycle on insurance is a big deal and now I'm sure it just seems like a wasted chance. So Sorry. I will think about you as you try to decide what to do in the future. Hugs.
Glad that you and your husband liked my Christmas elf. He's the cutest and I just love showing his picture off.
Hardy har har Chips! Not gonna happen, but I like your hope! haha. :)
Thanks browneyedgirl!
Yes BSTBS, I agree. I'm going to explode at some point I think.
Fertilize Me - Thanks sweets
Thanks Hilary and Kathy
Barb like someone had mentioned, do they take responsibility for the messed up cycle? Seems like they would do one more to compensate for their screw-up. I have heard of clinics doing that so I know it's not out of the ordinary. I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. If I could come through the computer and hug you I would.
haha Claire. This clinic is really not about that. I don't think they care. He didn't even mention ANY sadness that we did the lap and there was nothing there even though he was absolutely certain I had endo. It's like I'm something to experiment on. Nothing more. (except for the nurse and office staff. They're ok)
A big hug from the Netherlands for you and your hubby... We are so sorry and feel depressed also..!
I'm so sorry to hear this. There's the negative, of course, but the whole whacky cycle thing adds a lot of suckiness.
Bea
I'm very sorry that I'm over week late responding to this... You have no reason to apologize - let your anger and sadness out on this page to those who will understand you. There is no shame in your feelings.
P.S. You should go to the appt. And not be afraid to make them answer the hard questions. One thing I've learned from all this is that if you're not your own medical advocate no one will be. I know you're strong - I know you can do it!
Post a Comment