Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cycle Day 28

It's cycle day 28. No ovulation. No period. It's just cycle day 28. It's back to the usual for me I guess. it's not even a question of when I'll ovulate, but if. And that is a very big if. So there goes the hope that maybe just by fixing my tsh levels that I'd have a better chance. I really really hope that CE has some good ideas. I'm very suspicious about my prolactin levels; especially since I've heard of other women having problems at levels lower than mine. Ah well. See how much I'm not over my infertility? To think that I'd even hope to ovulate this month is just crazy. At this point, I would just welcome a period before 3 months goes by. That would be nice. (Of course I'll take progesterone to bring it on before then. No worries. I will not deal with those heavy awful periods anymore at least.)

Speaking of not being over my infertility: I scheduled an appointment with a therapist. I called quite a few before I found one that may be a fit for me. All I can say is that there must be some bad ones out there. One man I talked to sounded suspiciously like he was talking to me from his home phone, and that I had distracted him from the game or something. On top of that, he was very gruff even while grunting that, "Yeah," he'd counseled people with infertility, "many times." He was just the person to whom I could imagine spilling my emotional guts. The woman I picked sounded very sweet and competent though. Wish me luck!

On the financial and work front, things are settling. We figured out a tolerable solution to our tax dilemma. We may not be able to do the things we need to this year, but we're saved as far as bills and feeding ourselves goes. To that note, I also managed to snag some overtime! Hurray! That should help cover that darn Malabrigo! (Did I mention that I'm in love with that yarn?)

At work, we were able to work on some solutions to some of our team problems, and I helped to orchestrate that. I'm quite proud of myself and only hope that this is the path to better things for us. I really love my job and team, so I desperately want to make it work.

Oh yeah, and for all of you who responded so kindly to my last post, I answered within the comments.

6 comments:

Hummingbird said...

Oh, Barb, you are so awesome! I am so happy to hear about all of these positive steps you are taking in your life. Good for you for taking charge of the good, the bad, and the ugly! ;)

Anonymous said...

Barb, you're an inspiration. Maybe you don't realise it but truly - I can't imagine being as far down the road as you are and still being able to get myself out of bed in the morning.

May there be a gigantic piece of peace floating around the universe with your name on it.

xx

PS. What is your job? How can I find one that I have the energy to fight for??? lol

Kathy V said...

I am glad you are back to feeling like your old self. I am happy that you got all the financial stuff worked out. I probably wouldn't want to go to a counselor that I felt I was constantly interrupting either. I am glad that you found somebody you are more comfortable with. You should take a vacation to Pennsylvania. You will get plenty of use in you scarf here. Today the temperature is "warm". It hit 30 and will go up to 40. Then later today it is supposed to drop and we should get snow.

AwkwardMoments said...

YAH For finguring out financies. That is just such a giant innessesary burden at times - i swear. I am sorry about no ovulation - I am far too aware of what its like to wait for that stupid O to happen. Sounds like you are taking charge and that is a good thing!

Jen said...

I'm glad you found a counselor who seems like a good fit. I have to admit that I think it would be strange going to a man, especially to discuss infertility issues. I'm not sure men always get it the way other women do.

Oh and I fixed the pics on my blog so hopefully you can see them now. You'll love Ravelry. When you get on you'll find me under the name jennifercarol.

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

Finding the right therapist is like finding a needle in a haystack. I hope this one gets it.

In addition to everything else, your optimism really is inspiring.