Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stringing You Along

So far I really like Unsung Lullabies. I'm actually excited to write my post for Saturday's update. I'm trying hard to keep from reading too much at one time so that I'm able to really reflect on the passages for each week. I think moving through this book and blogging about it will be cathartic. I've already had a few "a-ha" moments.

I've also begun looking into counseling. Surprisingly, my insurance coverage for it is very good, so there's no reason not to do it. Plus, I've been having more and more trouble balancing my issues with infertility, adoption and work without help. And I really want to be able to move on at some point so that we can start the family we've always wanted. However, I fear that if we did that right now without help, there may be disastrous results. I very much feel like I'm going through a mid-life crisis at 30. Unsung Lullabies covers some of the reasons for why that may be so, and I can't wait to get to that chapter.

Is this what they call a "teaser?"

8 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

TOday - I was at work thinking how I may need/want to seek some counseling myself. GOod Luck to you finding one that is good for you

Me said...

"Midlife Crisis at 30" - that's the book that started me down the TTC path. *sigh*

Zizzy said...

I can't wait to read your thoughts on Unsung.

I'm also glad your insurance covers therapy - mine does but it only covers group therapy, and the infertility group only meets once a month at a bad time for me and dh.

I hope it helps you. This infertility struggle is tough and nobody should have to go it alone or without professional help.

Chelle said...

Maybe I'll have to look into the book after I get through the pile of books to read on my nightstand. lol I am currently reading two books at once.

You'll have to let us all know your thoughts on the book when you are done. :)

P.S. Does valluim count as therapy? I've been thinking about signing up for that. ;)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

That is a teaser. I'm looking forward to reading more thoughts on Unsung. On that note, I have to say that going to a therapist (one recommended by Resolve who specifically treats infertile women) was the best thing I've ever done in the process.

Barb said...

Thanks Farah! If we were closer geographically, I'd let you know how mine was.

Freyja - I didn't know that was a book!!

Lizzy - so sorry about your insurance. I couldn't believe it. Most insurance seems to think your mental health is the least important.

Chellebez - I don't know that that counts as therapy. ;-) It's tempting though! ;-}

Mel - Thanks. It's good to hear that process was so good for someone else. I'm looking forward to getting in touch with the facility and finding out more. This person is supposed to specialize in infertility, so we'll see. I was very adamant that I have someone who does. Otherwise, who knows what you'd get. I'm taking it in baby steps. :)

Malloryn said...

I've been curious about this book and I'm looking forward to reading your comments.

At the moment, blogging has been my therapy but sometimes I've thought about taking that extra step.

Allison said...

I've been through therapy before to help me deal with other things (can you say FAMILY?), but haven't reached out yet in the IF arena. I can say that when I did it before, it was the best money I have ever spent. Like malloryn, I guess I've also been using my blog as my therapy.