Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Simple Humanity

Jen's post, "The Good" inspired me to write my own post about happiness and simple humanity in our daily lives. It can be easy to get bogged down in the scary awful that seems to happen all too often these days. So though E and I didn't practice Jen's philanthropy yesterday, we did have a lovely day filled with lovely human interaction, and I thought I'd share.

In the morning, we awoke to hugs and kisses from Daddy before he left for work. Then E waved to him until he couldn't see him anymore, and we checked on our strawberry garden to supplement breakfast. After that I did a little laundry, and E noticed his swimming trunks which sparked an interest in the pool. We packed up and walked to our clubhouse. Once there we met 2 other families with children E's age along with what E called "Grandmas." The kids conversed and played, and the adults helped watch/entertain all children and shared supplies. Everyone was gentle, congenial and kind. 

Afterward we walked back to the house where E played quietly while I cooked homemade pasta sauce (yes, the yummy tasty kitchen onion/butter kind.) Then Hub came home, and we all sat pleasantly around the table, discussed a little of the unpleasant and gave out lots of hugs. Before bed, we all danced around the living room to E's favorite music.