I just found out today from a neighbor (and verified on our County Sheriff's site) that there was a mugging at gunpoint in our neighborhood. And it was not only in our neighborhood, it was right around our clubhouse. Those are the very roads that E and I run, walk and play around many of our weekends. Our area is generally very safe for one so close to the city, but there's nothing like a national scare and one right next door shortly after to make me want to hide in the house.
The crazy thing is, the guy held up a lady with a baby in a stroller... Because we often have vast riches when we're out for a walk? It makes me sad to think he might have stolen her wedding ring. I know she gave him a phone and iPod, and he sped off.
I want it to get better, but I'm afraid it won't.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is frightening!
That's terrifying!
And do you have mace in your stroller? I got one when Trin and I were attacked by dogs while we are out walking. I'm not sure it would have helped in this situation, but it is something.
Post a Comment