Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Choices

So between being a mom, juggling housework, working full time, taking over extra tasks when Hub has a Big Project and various other obligations, my "me" time is fairly limited. I'm sure it also has to do with my time management skills, but I like how I live so.. Eh.

Anyway, my point is that when I do get that time I do a quick mental run down of what I'd like most (as we do so desperately in the newborn stages.. Just less so) to do with that time. Baths are pretty popular. Sometimes it's a TV show that doesn't feature sing-a-longs. Sometimes I even hang out (ALONE!) with Hub! But lately, I've decided I haven't read enough. I've been aching to get inside some good stories. So that's been my choice. Books. I obviously haven't been choosing blogging. I haven't even been doing much at all on the computer. I'm in a fatigued state with it honestly. I do this.

In the meantime, what am I reading?

I just re-read Breaking Dawn because I finally saw the movie. It's not great cinema but fun enough. Some things they changed were stupid. The books made me happy.

Thanks to Jen I'm reading Ferber's sleep book and like it though I haven't yet gotten to the details for our issues.

I continue to plow through Bible related readings when I'm feeling it, and I just picked up Hub's copy of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell. Anyone read it?

4 comments:

Panamahat said...

Loved J. Strange and Mr Norrell. Hope you do too.

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm reading Quiet, that introvert book. So far I am really liking it.

JEN said...

Yes I need to read more. Instead of playing on the Ipad.

Danifred said...

I've also been embracing books lately. I have really missed reading for pleasure.