Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bullets: Sleep, shoes, holidays and more

  • Thanks for all your kind words regarding our sleep situation! I wanted to clear up though that he's sleeping great... with me. That means that I go to bed when he does and get up when he does, (napping sometimes too), thus MUCH less me time. Much less me time equals much less blog time.
  • We are looking into getting him his own mattress, and me sleeping with him less and less time until he's used to it. Lots of modifications to his room needed. 
  • Sometimes I feel like I have a million things to do and no time to do them.
  • I can't lie. I'm more than a bit jealous at the imbalance in the number of girls shoes available to boys shoes. And not just the styles.. the actual difference in number.
  • Go ahead. Go search Ebay, or Amazon. Check me.
  • Halloween decorations come out today! (as soon as the little man awakens)
  • I am turning another number in the thirties this week. ACK! This is getting a little frightening folks.
  • We are loving this beautiful Florida fall weather. Finally! Temps in the 80's during the day and 50's-60's at night. THIS is where it's at. Now we can work outside without melting into an incoherent puddle.
  • What are you up to? What's your weather like?

2 comments:

rebecca said...

hello (almost) birthday twin! just remember, i will always be an old lady compared with you. here is my response to your post, also in point form:

1. the ever elusive me time - i find i am actually having to take time away from husband time for this. but it is temporary, and sometimes you just do what you have to do.

2. he will sleep fine, soon enough. it sounds like you are doing all the right things. it will pass in time. i know this isnt terribly helpful, but - every phase does pass. just make sure you sleep! lack of sleep is crazy making!

3. at least you can get him to actually WEAR shoes. ahem certain four year old ahem. have you tried robeez?

4. i have totally given in to halloween this year. (you may recall my lack of enthusiasm for this holiday.) miriam even has her costume already! and i sort of almost want to become a Person Who Decorates. i saw the cutest bitty ghost decorations today. adorable.

5. YES on the weather. lows in the fifties, highs in the eighties. AWESOME!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Yeah, I think boys are expected to have shoes for wearing and girls are expected to heave shoes for decoration. So they need more.

We put out the Halloween stuff already too!