Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thank you

Thank you for your advice on the work thing all. I like my team situation now, but I'm big on changing things that don't suit. However, I didn't want to think about changing my situation without ruminating on the cause first. If it really is mostly home induced, moving to a new team or position wouldn't help.

And I hope you all got a chance to visit a Fifth Season. She recently wrapped up her blog, but the words and raw emotions there are well worth some time.

4 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I think the work problem stems from the fact that your baby is just so cute.

AwkwardMoments said...

I agree with Jen. I am going to just say something that just came to mind also.

Maybe i will email you - yes i think that is best - I am emailing - inc email

Rebecca said...

I think that there is also a biological component at work too. I think that for most of us, when our children are very young, we are hard-wired to prioritize them above most else in our lives. At least, that is the reasoning I am using for the fact that I totally lost interest in career after I had children despite how much time and energy I had put into it up to that point. (But I also admit that I might be an extreme example.)

Also, just in case you don't get follow-up comments, I *really* appreciate the long comment you left me yesterday I think. It did help a lot, actually, and I will respond to it in more detail very soon. But I did want to say you are awesome. :)

Barb said...

Thanks so much Rebecca! I always worry I'm going to offend. You are too kind.

And I think you're right. I, too, believe that I am an extreme example. I think we are both sensitive people. You are probably more sensitive than I in some respects, but we are the type of people who just don't get how some things don't affect others. It's hard to remember that not everyone is like us. (Farah and Jen are pretty awesome too. ;)

Off to your blog.